• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps Check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bijiont

I just recently did a change up with my loop and was wondering how my temps are looking.

I changed my loop to have 2 - 3 x 140MM Black Ice GTX420 Rads with CPU and 1 GPU in loop. The 7 Series card I just use for my two portrait internet reading screen. The GTX 295's are set to my primary screens (total of four monitors).

Comments, suggestions are much appreciated. Just looking to get my system as cool as possible. :santa:

The below was taken with the room ambient temp of 22°c

image1up.jpg

Yeah was actually doing Prime and such while I was posting, I mainly wanted to see if the 3°c over ambient was decent. I know idle temps are pointless but at the same time I like seeing near ambient temps.

I guess it really doesn't matter much as I am back to the drawing board with my loop. Current setup and OC gives me a Core temp of 51°c at full load after an hour. I am thinking the issue(s) are my pump and CPU block so I am off to do some reading to figure out what upgrades to make.

Thanks again guys/gals,

Yeah was actually doing Prime and such while I was posting, I mainly wanted to see if the 3°c over ambient was decent. I know idle temps are pointless but at the same time I like seeing near ambient temps.

I guess it really doesn't matter much as I am back to the drawing board with my loop. Current setup and OC gives me a Core temp of 51°c at full load after an hour. I am thinking the issue(s) are my pump and CPU block so I am off to do some reading to figure out what upgrades to make.

Thanks again guys/gals,
Remember that you're going to be limited by things you can't control, like the CPU heatspreader. 51C load is a pretty good figure - I think you're playing with diminishing returns beyond that point.

Remember that you're going to be limited by things you can't control, like the CPU heatspreader. 51C load is a pretty good figure - I think you're playing with diminishing returns beyond that point.
That may be true for Intels but AMDs generally run cooler (buy their core temp) and can benefit from load temps below 50°C. My old Opty 180 (still a 125W CPU) runs in the lower 40's at load ...

Back