• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will it work/fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tythel

Registered
Hey. I was looking into getting the H70 Corsair Hydropump, It's pretty big, but I'm pretty sure my case fits it (Dark Fleet DF-85)

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1371/1/

The back of my case has 2 pre-installed 120mm fan.. the H70 comes with a push/pull mechanism double 120 fan.. SO! my question is...

Can I use my existing fan rather than demounting i.e. will it work just fine?

And is it alright that i'm sucking from inside my case outside, rather than outside in.

Thanks guys :D

ps if it helps I have a dx58so motherboard.

Watercooling works on ambient air temps. The cooler the air through the rad, the better your cooling. MOST use room air INTO the case for the H70. Meaning you need to reverse many case fans.

Your case fans are probably not very good. Few are. You's need to buy TWO new matched fans for great H70 cooling.

That sid, you really, really should read up on the H70. It's no better than a top notch air cooler. We have reviews here on the H50 and the H70.

It's watercooling, but it's not magic. Small rad, weak heat removal overall. It might work for you, depends on your needs.

And what Mobo you have means nothing. It depends on your chip, your overclocks, your ambient temps etc etc etc.

Okay cool.. Thanks gettin' an idea - I thought it was actually fairly decent. What would be a better air-cooled way within staying in budget then??

There are quite a few good air coolers. The NH-D14, Venomous X, Megahalems, and TRUE are a few.

What CPU and RAM do you have?

There is nothing wrong with the H70 at all, except that it is a more expensive solution than high end air. And it does have a few advantages in that the pump/coldplate assembly takes up much less room around the socket area and gives full access to all your ram slots and potentially better airflow around the power circuitry around the processor socket. As for the included fans with the kit, they are pretty decent and not too noisy even at the high speed setting (no inline resistor installed). But it is also significantly more expensive than comparable heatsinks such as the Noctua NH-D14, TR Venomous X with 2 good quality fans, TR Silver Arrow or Megahalems Rev B with 2 good quality fans. As for fan orientation, I did a quick look at the linked article and it looks to me like there is pretty good airflow in that case, so you might not have to reverse all your fans for good cooling with the H70. I would try it out with the H70 exhausting from the case like a regular rear case fan first and see how it performs. That is, if you decide to go with the H70. That case has plenty of room for a good high end heatsink too.

Back