• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HD5830 help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowlid

Got this card does alright. But im not impressed.

Please explain this to me. I ran 3dmark06 on stock clocks got a score of 9759 over clocked it to 900/1200 and got a score of 8759?

Just to do a test i down clocked the card and got a score of 8865? This is making no sense to me.

I have my cpu clocked to 2.5ghz and only have 1gb of ram. I know this is killing me hopefully soon i will be upgrading.

But even though my cpu is bottle necking the card when i overclock the card it i should gain performance correct? Or am i going about this all wrong.

One more question is there anyway to turn off the feature that downclocks the gpu when not in use. When im not using it the card will down clock to like 157mhz and i dont remember the memory but i dont mind using power its not my bill. LOL

Thanks all,

Shadow

I think the RAM is bottlenecking so hard that you should ignore the results until you have more. Maybe the GPU is using more RAM as you overclock as it is working quicker?

Is there a reason you don't want it to downclock? It shouldn't have any impact on performance whatsoever.

So update this thread when you get hold of more RAM :)

Back