• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few Questions About my New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runwitme

Registered
I have the 1090t on Gigabyte 890fx-UD5.....(2x2gb) g skills ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz....Ultra 650watt PSU.....XFX Radeon 4670...WD caviar black 640gb HDD....Asus DVD drive.....in NZXT m59 case.

My ram is coming in at 670mhz dual channel...which i think means pretty much 1333mhz. I'm pretty sure I read DDR3 is 1333mhz stock. Should I go into the bios and clock my ram up to 1600mhz as the ram suggests?

Also, my computer temperatures at idle are between 21.5 and 25 C. I am running stock cooling and my house is 69F, how can my computer be running that cool? Are the temp probes messed up?

Thanks for the responses in advance, you guys on here are very helpful.

which program are you using to see temps? I think x6 is more cold than x4 but correct me

amd overdrive

This is my first ever build I know nothing. I do know all my cores sit on about 800mhz idle. My max while playing CSS was 38C I think.

Knew I read somewhere that the temperatures are off atleast 10C

I'm reading CORE temps not CPU temps lol

You can manually up the RAM speed to 800 MHz. x2 in BIOS. There is a temp offset in the Phenom II CPUs but it's unknown exactly what that offset is. Core Temp is the preferred (by most people), CPU temp software. With Cool and Quiet and C1E both enabled in the BIOS, your CPU could idle near room temp but not below.

Also remember that 69F is equal to ~ 20.5C, so its close to ambient temps, bt as beenthere said.. it will likely not go below ambient w/o really good cooling.

You should go into the BIOS and set your ram to factory specs and have the volts set accordingly.

Back