• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Media Streamer for Less Than $150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CompuTamer

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name
Title says it all. I'm in the market for a decent media streamer for my Netflix, YouTube, etc.

Any ideas? I can't go over $150. My budget is actually $120, but i can try and stretch to $150.

I'd have to say that looks pretty nice... Is there one with Integrated WiFi? We don't have any easy way to run a cable to the living room, but our router's WiFi is easily able to stream HD video to the living room.

I got a Seagate Freeagent Theater plus at newegg for 39.99 free shipped. It will do 1080P, and playback 1080p H.264 MKV's up to about 18Mbit /s ... which is CRAZY good quality... most bluray rips are round 10Mbit/s.

The thing has played EVERYTHING i have thrown at it flawlessly, and it will stream youtube, and netflix if you hook it up via the ethernet port or get a wifi adaptor (which you can get for ~ 15 bucks)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16822148499

The only thing i had some trouble with is a 23GB 1080p bluray rip of avatar (22MBIT/s average bitrate) ... and it only had trouble playing back 5-10 secs of only a small handful of scenes in the movie

Last edited:
I got a Seagate Freeagent Theater plus at newegg for 39.99 free shipped. It will do 1080P, and playback 1080p H.264 MKV's up to about 18Mbit /s ... which is CRAZY good quality... most bluray rips are round 10Mbit/s.

The thing has played EVERYTHING i have thrown at it flawlessly, and it will stream youtube, and netflix if you hook it up via the ethernet port or get a wifi adaptor (which you can get for ~ 15 bucks)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16822148499

The only thing i had some trouble with is a 23GB 1080p bluray rip of avatar (22MBIT/s average bitrate) ... and it only had trouble playing back 5-10 secs of only a small handful of scenes in the movie

I think Seagate has a curse on me, cause everything i've ever owned from them has died on me within a year. :/

I like the feature set, but the interface leaves a bit to be desired... this is something that my whole family is going to be using, and it needs to be pretty simple to use, but interesting to look at. Kinda trying to get away from the boring menu scheme. Haha.

I think Seagate has a curse on me, cause everything i've ever owned from them has died on me within a year. :/

I like the feature set, but the interface leaves a bit to be desired... this is something that my whole family is going to be using, and it needs to be pretty simple to use, but interesting to look at. Kinda trying to get away from the boring menu scheme. Haha.

i dont think ur gonna find a media play back box that supports so many different video formats.

Netflix streaming is limited to stuff setup in your cue... but i think the WD players are the same as well.

Back