• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED My first water cooling system, is it ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alegelos

I am building my first water cooling system :). I read some about this and ask many questions.

I want to water cool my CPU mother and one or two GPU. I want to do extreme CPU OC. I will be using low speed fans for low noise.

What do you think about this system? any change, advice, modification, anything?

PUMP:
Swiftech MCP655

RADIATOR: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...t_info&cPath=59_457_667_200&products_id=20984
XSPC RX360

CPU BLOCK:
EK-Supreme HF High Flow

RESERVOIR:
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO™ Rev. 2

Do i need another 360 radiator to water cool 1 or 2 GPUs?

Thanks for your opinion, help and advice!!

Last edited:
Check out skinneelabs.com, their data is great and should help you choose your rad and cpu block. What processor and GPU(s) are you cooling? Mobo cooling is mostly aesthetic, there's not a real reason to do it unless you're in it for the bling factor or you happen to have a mobo that runs particularly hot.

Looks like a good start. Like he stated above mobo cooling is not really all that important so if you want to save a few dollars you might as well. Unless you want it for the looks. And make sure you match the correct fans to the right rad... That's important for cooling as well.

If you wanna do extreme OC and use low speed fans, I would say you need more rad no matter what GPU's you are using...

I like the pump, block, and res choice - I'll defer to the experts for the rad since I run heater cores. ;) Even at that, you'll need more rad for a CPU/GPU/GPU set-up - no way a triple by itself will be enough for all that hardware. You might got by with a single for CPU/GPU but the CPU isn't going to like it and I doubt you'll make it with quiet fans.

If you wanna do extreme OC and use low speed fans, I would say you need more rad no matter what GPU's you are using...
+1

Some advice me to buy this PUMP Swiftech MCP 355 cause it wont be enough if add another 360 radiator and water cool 2 GPU

But it have much less pressure and LPH, but more Head Head.

I got confuse right here.

both the 355 and 655 are great pumps...either should be good for your loop.

The MCP-655 (not 'B') that you selected will handle everything you can throw at it.

The MCP-355 is also a good pump and should be able to handle that load, too, though I won't guarantee that since I've only used them on smaller loops.

You defiantly need more rad for that cooling... I agree that you wouldn't cool your mobo unless you like the look... Also... You might be better off going with a dual loop set up if you want extreme OC on your CPU... Just do your CPU on a triple 120 rad with a mini res and do your GPUs and mobo on a triple 120 rad with a separate res... The only thing you would add would be another res and pump and your CPU temps would drop drastically... If you have enough room then do this, and if not then just put a triple 120 between your CPU and GPUs in your loop and get a much stronger pump... like a DDL or if you really want power get two DDLs with an after market combo top

PS. Ik people are going to argue with putting a rad in the middle of the loop, but if you have a pretty strong pump, it won't affect enough to matter and the GPUs will run much cooler

You defiantly need more rad for that cooling... I agree that you wouldn't cool your mobo unless you like the look... Also... You might be better off going with a dual loop set up if you want extreme OC on your CPU... Just do your CPU on a triple 120 rad with a mini res and do your GPUs and mobo on a triple 120 rad with a separate res... The only thing you would add would be another res and pump and your CPU temps would drop drastically... If you have enough room then do this, and if not then just put a triple 120 between your CPU and GPUs in your loop and get a much stronger pump... like a DDL or if you really want power get two DDLs with an after market combo top

PS. Ik people are going to argue with putting a rad in the middle of the loop, but if you have a pretty strong pump, it won't affect enough to matter and the GPUs will run much cooler

It doesnt really matter where the rad is. And no the GPU's wont run much cooler if you put the rad there. On my setup the water temp difference between rad in and rad out is only about 1C. 1C wont do much difference on the GPU temps...

Lol... Kk.. I guse it depends how high you wanna go on ur CPU clock... Mine is at 4.7GHz so the rad in to rad out difference between my cpu and GPUs is around 15c so it helps me alot :)... I'm also running 3 voltage tweaked 470s so they get pretty hot on their own and certainly wouldn't complain about the 1C :)

... and if not then just put a triple 120 between your CPU and GPUs in your loop and get a much stronger pump... like a DDL or if you really want power get two DDLs with an after market combo top
My MCP-655 will run two Storms (much more restriction than modern blocks), an MCW-60, and a pair of heater cores - plus the non-running MCP-655 I normally have running as well. It takes one heck of a loop to drag down an MCP-655 running at P5.

Lol... Kk.. I guse it depends how high you wanna go on ur CPU clock... Mine is at 4.7GHz so the rad in to rad out difference between my cpu and GPUs is around 15c so it helps me alot :)... I'm also running 3 voltage tweaked 470s so they get pretty hot on their own and certainly wouldn't complain about the 1C :)
You guys have to be talking about two different temps here. No way a loop (unless it's tens of feet long under a wide ambient temp range) is going to have that much of a difference in water temps ...

Last edited:

Do you have actual probes in the water, or how du you meassure the temp diffs?

Lol... Sry... My temps were ment to be in f, not c... But it still helps my cards stay cooler :)

@QuietIce

I didn't see the recommendation before i posted :) sry about that... Almost my entire post was a fail :) lol

Lol... Sry... My temps were ment to be in f, not c... But it still helps my cards stay cooler :)

How much is 15f in C? I cant get a good result out of the converters I can find online...

And no I still dont believe that it helps on your GPU's :) How du you meassure the temp diff?

A temp difference of 15°F ~ 8°C

9F per 5C ...

How much is 15f in C? I cant get a good result out of the converters I can find online...
That's probably because there's a correction of 32° when you're converting actual temperatures instead of differences (32°F = 0°C). I bet you were you getting negative °C for 15°F (= -9°C). ;)

Last edited:
Ok as always thanks a lot guys, i will buy this set. And later upgrade to another 360 rad and one gpu universal block.

Just wondering, would be possible if i place the radiators outside the window?? it will just add 2 meter of hose (1 meter to go and 1 meter to come back).

I just need to save some more, total USA cost 290 usd +/- more 30-50 usd shipping to Uruguay and another 30-50 of any American commission.

He he yeah I was getting a -9.44C temp when plotting in the 15F :D

And I still dont believe the temp diff on 8C between the water temp. You sure you diddnt look at the GPU/CPU temps instead Eskamobob1?

Back