• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I bench properly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andreal

Registered
Hey guys, I just did a wPrime 32M test and submitted it to HWBot. I ran it with 6 threads though. It wasn't until after I submitted that I realised it said to run wPrime at default which is 1 thread (and significantly slower) did I screw my submission and should I remove it?

Ohhhhhhh kay, for some reason when I hit "Submit Score" on and despite it saying Phenom x6 on the submit page, It registered me as a Pentium M and put me on the 1x core list...Which has put me in 1st place on the 1x rankings.

I've clicked to delete the result and although it says "The result is no longer available" when click on it still shows it on the rankings board.

How do I get rid off this ranking I feel like a massive fraud!!!

Bad start to my benching :(

you dont have to run it at 1 core, though they consider it a single core bench. it will always come back to the processor that you are using. when submitting you will have to fill in the blanks as to what processor it is, and if a 3d bench you will also have to fill in what video card you were using. if you still have the screenshot, I would resubmit it and just add the correct information. if you will just start with basic info hwbot will offer some choices and then you can just click on it to accept.

if you will just start with basic info hwbot will offer some choices and then you can just click on it to accept.

This part is key, HWBot is terrible at figuring out what you typed if you type the whole name in and don't click it's dropdown.
So for a 1090T, just type "1090" and wait a moment, it'll drop a box down with the full name, click that.

Same for mobo/ram/gpu.

Definitely run with six threads :D

Ohhhhhhh kay, for some reason when I hit "Submit Score" on and despite it saying Phenom x6 on the submit page, It registered me as a Pentium M and put me on the 1x core list...Which has put me in 1st place on the 1x rankings.

I've clicked to delete the result and although it says "The result is no longer available" when click on it still shows it on the rankings board.

How do I get rid off this ranking I feel like a massive fraud!!!

Bad start to my benching :(

Go to your HWBot submissions page.
Click on the "incorrect" submission.
Go to the "More" tab
Click on the little notepad with a pencil icon (Edit Entry)
Edit your entry with the right settings.
Save.

The bot will re-calculate your scores and you'll be OK.

The same thing happened to me on wPrime32... It took my 555BE submission as a Pentium M score. Got like 140 boints and a World Record on it... But it only lasted for the couple minutes it took me to figure out how to change it.

What they all said. :thup: Remember if you have any questions, before or after you run the benches, don't hesitate to ask.

Whew, everything seems back to normal, cheers guys.

Now if you'll excuse me I have 20 points to earn :D

hats off sir, go get em

notice that this man is benching to earn his stripes, rather than watching some lame football games on new years day. yeehaaah

My day was benching related...I spent the day setting up a watercooling loop for my 1366 box...it's bleeding now and will be benched tomorrow.

Back