• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCIE frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vdgamer

What is a safe 24/7 pcie frequency ? some say that raising pcie frequency can damage video card, others say anything under 120 is safe, does anyone know from experience what the safe setting is?

To avoid HDD corruption and others, you would want to be around 110. I have pushed farther and been fine, others have gone over that and have had corruption.

My system prefers <110.
Really you don't gain much OCing the PCIe, I would leave it at 100 or maybe 105 if you aren't benching.

i didnt notice much difference between 107 and 112 but when i changed 100 to 107 i noticed that GTA4 loads 3 times faster than it used to and my flps in GTA4 Gothic4 and Just Cause2 went up slightly, i used to get 48-60flps in just cause 2 now i get almost constant 60flps, same thing in GTA 4, in Gothic 4 i used to average low 40s now high 40s to mid 50s, switching from 107 to 112 i didnt see such noticeable difference, so i went back to 107 to be safe

Back