• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator fan configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdfootball89

I'm currently water-cooling an antec 1200 case ( i know it's not the best for wcing), anyways as u may or may not know the antecc 1200 comes with 3 fans in the front, which I have replaced with some thermaltake fans pushing 97 cfm. So with these 3 fans in the front what is the best rad configuration for a swiftech 120.2?

Thanks in advance!

Almost forgot, I'm gonna be putting the rad in the from of the case, behind the drive bays

Push or pull, whatever fits best. Pull cool room air into the case is important. Try to seal up so your not recirculating case air, thats about it really.

TT fans having 98 CFM. Is that from the TT specs or independant testing results?

Those r tt specs, there pretty loud as well. I think specs list it at about 34 dba. So do u think maybe cool the radiator with the 3 intake fans and then put 2 fans on the rad for exhaust, which would go into the case?

I'm currently water-cooling an antec 1200 case ( i know it's not the best for wcing)

:eek:

There's nothing wrong with watercooling a 1200. It takes some minor modding (drilling only), but it's very doable. I have a 120.3 BIX shrouded with 38mm fans in the front of mine and still have plenty of space to work with (admittedly my hdds are on the floor of the case, mounted there of course)

Yea I actually love this case , I've done a few builds with it already and haven't had any problems( just some drilling like u said) but I had heard that some people said that it wasn't roomy enough. Whatever. So u take the 3 cages out? And put the hdd's on the floor? Lol

Yea, and I've still got room to spare if I felt like reorganizing or getting a larger psu or something like that. It's no 800d, but I bought it partially because it was one of the cases that was supposed to be difficult to watercool (to prove I could do it) and partially because of the looks.

no, they're mounted to the rad in the same position as the original ones (the originals are gone) and the rad is suspended by 6 L brackets

another quick question for u mort, or anyone else, is it necessary for me to mount my two fans on the rad if im gonna mount the rad behind the top 2 intake fans on the 1200?

If you can figure out a way to attach the rad without mounting them to it and it's in direct contact, I don't see why not.

finishing up the build today, and im thinking about this conf. for the fans:

top 2 intake fans pushing air into the rad at 97 cfm, not making direct contact with the rad. and having 2 antec fans mounted on the rad pulling about 80 cfm out of the rad and into the case.
tell me what you think

edit: i knew i got this idea from somewhere. i was just looking at my utube favorites and stumbled upon a guy by the name of tjharlow, and he has the setup i was just thinkin about. but i"d still like to hear what u guys think

Last edited:
How are they going to push air in if they're not making contact? Can you do a mockup of it?

heres my improvised mockup. the first one is the one i was talking about. the other two are just ideas. and i forgot to rotate the last one

Attachments

• wcing2.JPG
    wcing2.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 347
  • wcing4.JPG
    wcing4.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 354
  • wcing5.JPG
    wcing5.JPG
    192.8 KB · Views: 354
nah don't do it like that...that's just foolish, the front fans won't help hardly any. Do it like this.

Untitled-1.jpg

Back