• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator fan configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the second one won't work at all, the first one probably won't be much more effective than just pull fans, and the last one won't be much more effective than just push fans. Have you taken the 1200 apart yet? Those fans that you're wanting to leave in place are mounted to the drive cage, so when the cages some out so do the fans.

Those front fans aren't gonna do a whole lot more than add noise...but it's your setup, do what you want.

The front fans are only about 3 or 4 inches away from the front of the rad. I have to believe that their gonna do something

Oh and this rad doesn't allow for a push/pull

A swiftech rad that dosnt allow for push/pull? That sounds strange, what model is that?

I cant see any reasons why you cant run push/pull on that rad?
this...I'm pretty dern sure that gabe wouldn't make a product like that.
The front fans are only about 3 or 4 inches away from the front of the rad. I have to believe that their gonna do something

Oh and this rad doesn't allow for a push/pull

They're not, most of the air is gonna flow around the rad not into it...or at least not much more than is already being pulled into it by the other set of fans.

the problem is that it comes with 8 screw hole on each side. the holes to mount 4 fans if u choose. but if u mount 4 fans u have no holes to use to mount it with. unless i can drill into the side, but the problem is i dont know how far i can go before i hit the radiator fins

the problem is that it comes with 8 screw hole on each side. the holes to mount 4 fans if u choose. but if u mount 4 fans u have no holes to use to mount it with. unless i can drill into the side, but the problem is i dont know how far i can go before i hit the radiator fins

No problem. If you only use 2 screws per fan, you still have four holes to mount with. :)

i feel so dumb right now. im gonna do that right now. thanks guys!
also does it make a difference if the two fans i have pushing or different than the 2 fans pulling, as in 1 moves more air than the other

Last edited:
wcing comp1.JPG I would like to thank all of you guys that made my first water cooled build possible!

here r the results:

so far a very mild overclock on the i5 760, @3.0

idle temps: about 25 degrees celsius, down from about 34 idleing!.I have yet to run p95, so maybe ill let u guys know if I have time.

Thank you guys so much again

oh, and the mcp655 is only running at 2

Last edited:
You should put your pictures inline, once you upload them, just click the arrow indicated below and you can manipulate them like any other photo post, but with attach tags instead of img tags.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
You should put your pictures inline, once you upload them, just click the arrow indicated below and you can manipulate them like any other photo post, but with attach tags instead of img tags.

View attachment 90620

That's gotta be the 6th time I've seen use that picture lol. Keep up the good work :clap:

And good job on your first w/c setup, looks nice. :) Thermaltake isn't really known for making anything good, and I doubt their fans are anything special. If I were you, I'd gut the 4 fans you have on that rad now, get some longer machine screws that pass through 2 fans, use the 4 gutted fans as shrouds and mount some yate loons on there. but thats just me :D

That's gotta be the 6th time I've seen use that picture lol. Keep up the good work :clap:

And good job on your first w/c setup, looks nice. :) Thermaltake isn't really known for making anything good, and I doubt their fans are anything special. If I were you, I'd gut the 4 fans you have on that rad now, get some longer machine screws that pass through 2 fans, use the 4 gutted fans as shrouds and mount some yate loons on there. but thats just me :D

hehe, I went in and modified it with instructions...this way more people can pass it around

Looks good bigdfootball89 :thup: Looking forward to hear what the load temps are :)

*Ding! - Runs to get a 8800GTX out of the oven*

Back