• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alphaofuromega

Hello, I have a i7 950 with an liquid cooling system as follows

swiftech Apogee XT water block

danger den
DD12V-D5 12V Fixed Speed Water Pump

swiftech MCR220-QP radiator

and a swiftech MCRes-Micro R2 SSF resivor

my temps at 4.02ghz on idle are 39 to 40C high and 37C average on idle

What is the cause of this? i changed out the tube and coolant but it was the same company "feser"

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

It sounds like you need to re-seat the water block. Don't use too much thermal paste, as it will have a negative affect on temperatures. You also need to get rid of that fesser one, and switch to distilled water and pt nuke. It could also be that the fesser one has clogged up your block (a common problem) and you need to disassemble the block and clean it and flush the rad. Really the idle temps are not as important as the load temps. What are your load temps?
-Greg

how should i go about cleaning the rad and waterblock? anything special, i assume some type of non noncorrosive fluid.

67c @ 4ghz w/ HT on? If HT is on, those temps arent really high at all on load. Idle temps really mean nothing IMO. Your load temps is what you are concerned with. You have a 2x120mm radiator, which honestly isnt alot for i7. HT is abusive with heat. Im not sure why you think 67c is high for i7 on a 2x120mm radiator?? Most people on air w/ your overclock and HT on are hitting 75-80c.

Also, what is your ambient temperature? That will also affect things.

Take apart the block to clean it. You might drop a degree or two by doing that if yoru loop has been in operation for a time. As for radiator, I used to just use air compressor and blow it out.

Back