• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arctic Ceramique the best chioce for Sub-zero cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wega!

Is it? Or are there better choices? I can get something like Antec F7 for a good price, but if it's not good for sub-zero temps, then I dont want to spend the extra $ on it... :)

Far as I know when you start getting cold it doesn't really matter much.

I think the less viscous pastes are best. The only pastes I have to use with the SS are pretty thick and freeze before it has time to spread out, leaving a 0.5-1mm gap between the evap and the CPU. So, I quit using thermal paste altogether.

The only time I've used Ceramique was when I put some on the mosfets of a UD3P, and when I turned it on, one of the mosfets literally caught fire and killed the board. Then, I was denied RMA...

The trick is to put the paste on, then turn on and let it warm up till core temps are in the 60s or so, then you take it cold.
That gives the thermal glop a chance to flow and spread out while it's all nice and warm.

Do you turn off the pc when it has reached 60C, or do you just start filling dice in the pot while it's running?

I hear that the BEST for cold is OCZ Freeze, but unless you're up there high enough in the rankings that you need every little bit out of your stuff it doesn't make much difference, ceramique is cheap and you can pull the pot while it's still pretty chilly without killing everything.

I just toss dice in and wait for the pot to get subzero, then toss the acetone in.

I think it was in this forum or somewhere but I read that for a really good application of Ceramique, that you have to warm it up and then apply it while it is warm. This way, you won't have to 'set' it in.

Wouldn't Shin Etsu paste be the best for subzero???

I think it was in this forum or somewhere but I read that for a really good application of Ceramique, that you have to warm it up and then apply it while it is warm. This way, you won't have to 'set' it in.

Wouldn't Shin Etsu paste be the best for subzero???

Stuff behaves differently when it's at the temperatures that you work with for extreme cooling. I'm pretty sure it was MIAH who said that the best one was OCZ freeze...and he won a world championship lol

Dejo said it was the best.

I haven't seen any real differences between Freeze and ASC though.
Since Ceramique is so cheap, its the way to go. Cant really beat a 22g tube for $6 on ebay.

Ceramique is OK to about -140° or so, if you go much below that I'd go for one of the new thinner types.

Back