• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best overall benching software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirMilo

Registered
Hello all.

I have a quick question.
In your opinion, what is the best "complete system" benchmark?

Let me explain what I mean.
A generic example: I can run P95 stable at 3.8 using any multipliers between 9 and 11 at the same vcore. When I use 10x380, everything feels really slow. When I use 9x422, it feels much faster than 10x. If I use 11x345, it still feels much faster than 10x even though my FSB is slower. OK, we have determined that my cpu hates 10x- this is not my point. As far as load times are concerned, 9x422 at 1600 latch and 11x345 at 1333 latch are pretty much identical on load times. Is there a program I can use to determine which setting offers the best overall functionality?
I am not concerned with gaming benchmarks and my video fps- I am more concerned with the synchronicity of the ram, cpu, and chipset working together as a whole.
Are you following what I am saying?

I realize that the higher fsb is likely to produce better/faster results, but the fsb latch must be taken into account in my particular setup as it MUST be changed between the lower and higher fsb settings, as used in the above example.

I hope this makes sense. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks.

pcmark is pretty good for that...if you want your ram specifically maxxmem or superpi32m are both good.

m0r7if3r,

Thats exactly the kind of programs I was looking for.
Thanks!

Back