• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Super Cube Radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aint i told u before to get a heater core? hehee jk man
they are ok the cubes i mean. but the backpressure it creates can be a bottleneck if u are moving mass amounts of water like in a inline system. imho the heater core rocks harder

and didnt i tell you to get aim and go on it? lol
i was gonna go a frige mod, but im broke now that a few ppl backed out on buying some of my extra parts :(

i love mine... it fits in a PSU hole in my case, it only requires one 120mm fan (slowed to silent w/ a rheostat), and it does a good job of cooling.

they are a bit pricey... but if you want to mount it in a PSU hole, it works great. as far as worth the money or not? that depends on you... to me 50 bucks isn't much money... to others 15 bucks might be a stretch.

SteenkyBastage said:
i love mine... it fits in a PSU hole in my case, it only requires one 120mm fan (slowed to silent w/ a rheostat), and it does a good job of cooling.

they are a bit pricey... but if you want to mount it in a PSU hole, it works great. as far as worth the money or not? that depends on you... to me 50 bucks isn't much money... to others 15 bucks might be a stretch.

what water block do u have, and whats ur room temp?

SteenkyBastage - Details, mere details on your system please.

I saw an article saying there's only a 1 degree difference between a slim radiator and a fat danger den cube. Right here on overclockers.com in the articles section :). I'll probably get one anyway because I might move up to peltiers when I gain some experience.

Big radiator=more cooling (I think :D).

Dissolved said:

what water block do u have, and whats ur room temp?

waterblock: maze2
pump: danner mag7 (700gph)
radiator: dd cube
tubeing: 3/8"
reservoir: custom made (probably a gallon or more not including water in tubes/system)
load temp (w/ radiator outside case, un-oc'ed): 32C
load temp (w/ radiator in case, un-oc'ed): 34C
load temp (w/ radiator outside case, oc'ed and overvolted): 35C
load temp (w/ radiator in case, oc'ed and overvolted): 38C
room temp: 22C (approx, sometimes it gets a bit higher/lower)
case temp: 26C
fans: 1x120mm intake, on rheostat turned down
fans: 1x120mm radiator, on rheostat turned down
fans: 2x80mm exhaust, both on one rheostat turned down
fans: psu, enermax 431 w power supply w/ 2 variable fans in it

i cant think of anything else...

oh, and BTW, the cpu temps are measured with a digidoc5 w/ a probe touching the side of the core, NOT mbm (in socket probe). also, un'oced = 1.2ghz @1.79V. oc'ed = 1481 @ 1.88V.

Dissolved said:
oh, well i use mbm5, my dd5 almost fryed my cpu when i tryed to use it..

woah, how'd it manage that? all it does is plug into a floppy drive power connector (mini-molex).

or do you mean the probe was too fat, and lifted the HSF off the cpu?

SteenkyBastage said:

woah, how'd it manage that? all it does is plug into a floppy drive power connector (mini-molex).

or do you mean the probe was too fat, and lifted the HSF off the cpu?

well the flat probs arent flat enough to touch the core without lifting the hsf up.. so im returning mine, or gonna sell it. if i didnt had boot into the bios, i could of lost my 1900+.. it read 200+c in the bios and i booted off fast as i could.. the chip has a discolored area around the core, so i doubt it'll oc now.. but it runs great with the vcore lower (to save heat) i got it to run at 1.68v stable, but i fold now so i have it to 12x140@ 1.73v and it runs stable @44~47c room 20~26c... so thats why im trying to get better cooling..

yeah, the digidoc probes are thin enough...just that they aren't long enough to reach the side of the core. it's the rubber shielding that is too thick and causes the hsf to not sit right.

i had to cut off some of the rubber shielding, then put some of that thermal tape over where the rubber went in order to get my waterblock to seat right with that probe.

you'd think they'd realize it's not long enough, and make better ends for the flat probes, considering it's designed to do that... oh well, if you dont mind cutting off a small ammount of rubber near the probe end, you can mod it to fit under the waterblock/hsf without a problem.

i feel for ya man. i have the digi doc also. it sux
i purchased it in the hopes of it monitoring my temps and contoling my fans.i dont have the patience to figure it out. plus i dont wanna have to bend over and squint to see a temp.

i was gonna do the flat probe also on the cpu.i didnt tho as i was afraid of what u ran into.
at the moment my digi doc is unplugged still in my case as i find it useless. most likley i will sell it in forums classifieds.

dangerden is now carring blackice prime & exetreme and not at a bad price eithier. they won't have the exetreme until march

I WAS MISTAKEN, SORRY!!!!

I was just browsing through all my previous posts when i re-read the title of this thread. I didn't know until today (making another order from dangerden I saw it) that there were TWO different cube radiators.

The one I have been posting about is the standard DD cube radiator, NOT the one they currently sell, the supercube.

so all my info i posted is in esscence worthless, it's a completely different radiator than what people were asking about.

sorry about the confusion.

SteenkyBastage said:
I WAS MISTAKEN, SORRY!!!!

I was just browsing through all my previous posts when i re-read the title of this thread. I didn't know until today (making another order from dangerden I saw it) that there were TWO different cube radiators.

The one I have been posting about is the standard DD cube radiator, NOT the one they currently sell, the supercube.

so all my info i posted is in esscence worthless, it's a completely different radiator than what people were asking about.

sorry about the confusion.
super cubes are good but you need to use a bigger pump to overcome the restrictions.

Back