• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dooms101

Well I was temporarily using a thermaltake crap pump from one of those big water kits and I figured it would die. So, I bought a MCP355 and a top this thrusday and wouldn't you figure, the TT pump died today. Fortunately the computer shut down quickly and nothing was harmed (so it seems). I am just running on stock air for now (ughh... good bye 4.1Ghz for now) but I thought I'd just warn anyone looking to use these kits. It's been said a million times around here, but those thermaltake kits are crap!

Can't wait for the new pump though :cool:. Will the higher flow bring better temps? I hope so!

Glad you got a new pump on the way! My condolences on the death of the POS TT pump. Hopefully there are no other casualties. With the new pump I'm sure with better flowrate your temps will improve. I'll keep my fingers crossed :thup:

Do pumps generally make any noise or have any signs that they are about to die? Or does the pump just quietly shut off followed by a steady incline in temps until the computer just shuts off? Doesn't apply to only the TT pumps but any in general.

Well my TT pump was making buzzing noises for a little while then all the sudden it was back to being quiet. About a week later it just stopped moving water, although the on light stayed lit on the pump. The temps don't steadily rise. Before the pump died I did a little test to see how long it'd take to overheat if the pump were to die. I just unplugged it and watched the temps rise as my computer sat idle. The temps pretty much just shot up and went up by like 15C in a few minutes.

Back