• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange thing about my keyboard or spooky you decide.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

I walked in a few minutes ago & my caps lock light was on. Computer was off, first time it has ever happened.

i know my fiances computer has power to the peripherals at all times even when its off. her keyboard and mouse are lit up

Maaybe the keyboard doesnt like to not have connunication while having power? Can you toggle it when the pc is on?

Yes, it should still go off when I pressed the key, I would think.

I have no idea what this statement means. But if you do indeed have always on USB, that means the ports stay powered regardless of if the machine is on or off so you can use them to charge devices if you want. Maybe they also keep your keyboard lit if you have one of the function lock keys enabled.

Also, before you editted your post said this:

Yes., but my keyboard has never done that before, plus I am sure my keyboard is PS/2.

Is it a USB keyboard or PS2?

lol its not dumb i freaked out when my girls mouse and keyboard stayed lit up when her pc was off.. i was like whhhhhhaaaat!

Well it has never done that before & I do not remember hitting caps lock before shutdown,

Back