• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest safe vcore for 1055 x6 on water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

i have a phenom x6 1055t whats highest safe vcore on water assuming the temperature is good? thanks

I pretty sure that any Vcore is safe as long as temps are fine. I wouldn't go overboard but you shouldn't worry about it if temps of your CPU and Motherboard are well controlled.

Generally yea, as long as temps are low your vcore is fine. But increasing voltage at very high settings will decrease the life of the chip.

well for this chip with good temps how high can this chip go without shorting its lifespan? and is there another new more powerfull chip then the x6 coming that will run in my asus m4a89gtdpro usb 3 am3 board? thanks

well for this chip with good temps how high can this chip go without shorting its lifespan? and is there another new more powerfull chip then the x6 coming that will run in my asus m4a89gtdpro usb 3 am3 board? thanks

I am pretty sure the life span of a chip is related mostly to temperatures than voltage. As long as you aren't putting like 1.9v 24/7 through it, I think it'd be fine. How much voltage do you think you need anyways? 4.0Ghz seems to be the goal for most 24/7 overclocks with a PhenomII x4/x6, which only need 1.47v - 1.52v in most cases I've seen. With good water cooling your temps are most likely good enough to run 1.55v without seriously shorting the life span. Your board is a current gen AM3 board and I am pretty sure you wont be able to run Bull Dozer (AM3+), so Thuban is about as good as it gets.

AMD says you can run that CPU as high as 1.425 vCore, which means it'll run "forever" like that. Once you go above that you start decreasing the lifespan, but say half of "forever" is still a lot of years. I always considered +0.05 safe enough for any CPU and +0.10 safe if temps are excellent, which in this case means < 51 load core temp.

Take it from someone who still has an s939 system that's been running OC'ed at load 24/7 for over four years; it's not the CPU that'll give out first at those higher voltages, it's the motherboard. ;)

Back