• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair IV formula RAID problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZenShima

hi i need some help, im in the bios of the crosshair motherboard and i successfully raid 2 ssd (60gb OCZ vortex 2) but i need my other 4 ports (port 3 to 6) to be set as IDE while port 1 and 2 to be RAID, without that i will lose 2 hard drives. help please

Going strictly by the manual I don't think what you're asking is possible. If you only want two ports in RAID then you should use ports 5 & 6, leaving ports 1-4 in IDE mode. My A8N32's do HDD settings in pairs but apparently the Crosshair IV runs RAID per controller chip instead of splitting the (Master/Slave) channels on the same controller.

Not sure if it is different then mine but mine (each channel) have to be enabled for raid in bios. Only the ones with raid enabled can be used for raid, all other are seen as single drives and can be used as single drive connectors. I think that 5 and 6 are usually used for sata DVD rom drives as they have the J Micron chip.

Back