• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my Intel T5450 CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hrobakca

Got a simple question. Any way to overclock my Intel T5450 i have heard i can drop in a intel t7700 but wouldlike to see if i could squeeze out a little morespeed till i can buy one

is this in a laptop? its not a good idea to overclock in a laptop b/c of the heat. With that said, you can try a program like Clockgen or SetFSB, but you will need the PLL number for your board to do so.

I don't think it's worth overclocking that... even if you do manage to get a 30% overclock.. its still only 2.2 GHz :\ But do give what EarthDog suggested a try to see if its worthwhile

will give it a try but im also considering dropping in a Intel Centrino T7700 its a 2.4 ghz its a decent boost from a 1.66 GHZ....what really makes me sick is the gaming rig i traded for this laptop

see below...i know i go the worse end of the deal though

HP Pro 3130MT
64-bit machine
3.2 dual core i3-550
4GB DDR3 10600 RAM expandable to 16GB
2 x 21.5 Acer LCD Monitors
Windows 7 Preminum

Back