• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stummerwinter at Cebit - 2600K on LN2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Wouldn't water be plenty to run a 2600K at 5650Mhz?

He mentions he normally would run a single stage, but due to space is using LN2... It would make more sense to me if it was a gimmick, because let's face it, liquid nitrogen just looks cooler. :)

Just making sure my impressions are accurate for the 2600K, and subzero isn't really helping. Or is it helping for top end clocks?

Here's the video where he talks about it:

I've heard that SB has a serious cold bug and there's not any advantage to running excessively cold, but yeah, LN2 looks way cooler (no pun intended).

BTW how did you get that you tube embedding to work?

I've heard that SB has a serious cold bug and there's not any advantage to running excessively cold, but yeah, LN2 looks way cooler (no pun intended).

BTW how did you get that you tube embedding to work?

There is a bbcode for it, its done like this:

[yvid]unique ID for youtube video[/yvid]

The unique ID for the video you want to embed is the random string of characters in the URL for the video, or if you look at the embed code on the youtube site, its the part that comes after youtube.com/embed/*numbers and letters here*

Yea, if you saw his table there wasn't room for a single stage, and since they needed the nitro anyways for the 580 I guess they just decided to hold the chip around -20C or so with nitro

I don't know that guy, but I hung out with trouffman at CES this year. Overclocking-tv is a non profit operation, and he's a real legit guy... Cool to talk with, just likes the OC community.

Bit off topic here...

I just went to the OC-TV site and watched a couple vids from the MOA 2011 event.... I always pictured Gautam to be this battered older guy that was showing the signs of endless nights fiddling with OSs and stuff... Turns out he's just a kid! :shock:

Wouldn't water be plenty to run a 2600K at 5650Mhz?

He mentions he normally would run a single stage, but due to space is using LN2... It would make more sense to me if it was a gimmick, because let's face it, liquid nitrogen just looks cooler. :)

Just making sure my impressions are accurate for the 2600K, and subzero isn't really helping. Or is it helping for top end clocks?

Here's the video where he talks about it:

Cold can help prolong the life of the CPU when you're running high clocks and voltages.

Ot: Does any of you guys know the interviewer? M. Beier....

Yeah, he's a very cool guy in person :thup:

Thanks for the input guys.

Bit off topic here...

I just went to the OC-TV site and watched a couple vids from the MOA 2011 event.... I always pictured Gautam to be this battered older guy that was showing the signs of endless nights fiddling with OSs and stuff... Turns out he's just a kid! :shock:

Probably an older kid than you would guess by looking at him. He's got a baby face a little bit. :)

Did you see me there? I was the bald guy being quiet and trying not to interrupt near gautam and Mark. Not sure if I was in the videos or not. :)

Thanks for the input guys.

Probably an older kid than you would guess by looking at him. He's got a baby face a little bit. :)

Did you see me there? I was the bald guy being quiet and trying not to interrupt near gautam and Mark. Not sure if I was in the videos or not. :)

Did not see your bald head shine its way onto any of the videos they have on the site... I guess they didn't want to blind the viewers with the glare emanating from the "dome".... :rofl:

Suppose that makes sense. It was an overclocking event after all, not a beauty pageant.
tux.gif

Say what?

I was just asking if anyone knew the blond guy that is behind the mic in that video. He's Danish and I've seen him on the Danish HW forums. He is just confusing me sometimes, and I wasnt sure if he was a good guy or not. But it seams like he should be alright :)

I don't know that guy, but I hung out with trouffman at CES this year. Overclocking-tv is a non profit operation, and he's a real legit guy... Cool to talk with, just likes the OC community.

Ok, thanks for the feedback and sorry for ot in your thread. :)

Yeah, he's a very cool guy in person :thup:

My assumption would be that they [the overclockers using ln2 on SB] just don't pour very often, or pour very little when they do. You've got to remember that ln2 has the ability to take pot to -190*C. Doesn't mean it automatically goes there. :D

sb does prefer cold, just not very much. Anywhere between -25 and -68 runs exactly the same on my rig.

Back