• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Inquisitorsz

Hi Overclockers!
First time posting. I've build systems in the past but this time I want to do it properly.
Unfortuantly I'm restrained by a bit of a budget but this is what I've come up with:

i5-2500K CPU
ASrock Extreme 4
G Skill 4GB Ripjaw-X 2133 RAM
Gigabyte GTX560Ti SOC
OCZ 60G SSD
Coolermaster Storm Scout Case

Possible extras:
Corsair H50 water cooler

I wont bother listing storage hard drives, monitors etc.

I'd like to hear your opinions and thoughts. I would like to get into a bit of overclocking too, and i believe those components are a pretty good start.
One thing I'm not too sure off is the power requirements for that system. I think the GFX card maxes out at 400W, so would a 600W PSU be enough?

Thanks for your help

:welcome:

You done your research! pretty good components there.

650 W is more than enough for your current build.

IMO, I would get a 750 W if I want to upgrade further down the road.

Also, what brand are you considering for your PSU. The best are Corsair and antec.

The TX750 W would be perfect. (from corsair)

I was thinking Corsair or Thermaltake.
My current rig has a 600W Zalman. Havent had any issues for over 4 years.
I like the modular PSUs, keeps the cabling tidy. Unfortunatly modular 750W tend to be a tad expensive. (I'm in Australia btw)

EDIT:
I think I'll choose the OCZ 750W Fatal1ty Modular PSU or the Zalman 750-HP. These seem to be fairly well priced.
Anyone have any comments about the OCZ PSUs?

Last edited:
Back