• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my temp are good with H50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fntastiK

Hi guys,

I just installed my H50 and Im a bit concerned with the temp I got.

CPUID tell me 31C. And that is on idle...Is it normal? The radiator fan is running but it doesnt seem turning fast....I also notice that all my fan are running kinda slow.

Thank you

PS:. I had a Zalman CPNS7500 (something like that) and I was arround 28-30C on idle...

I think thats high for stock if you just installed.

where do you measure your temps from? I always go by the core temps. CPU temps always higher & not accurate.

My corsair h50 push pull with 2 1850rpm gentle typhoon's & 4 case fans was 26 idle @4GHZ. Same processor.

Make sure its tightend up right & not to tight, also the thermal paste of course if you used your own needs time to settle.

My 2 cents,
goodluck :)

I got my temp from CPUID. Where the 6 core is shown.

What do you mean by ''Mkae sure its tightend up right and not to tight''? and my hermal paste is good its artic collling MX-4

He means make sure the h50s retention bracket is tightened down correctly and that the h50 pump (big circle part) is fastened into the bracket correctly.

Also, make sure the power cable for the pump is connected via molex connector or to a fan header on the motherboard that can be set to run 100% all the time. The pump should always be running at maximum speed no matter what the fan on the radiator is running at. If you don't think the fan is spinning fast you can always consider going with a stand alone fan controller and take over how fast its running at all times.

IMO this unit, same as the h70, runs better with 2 fans push/pull than the standard stock setup.

This is my temp. I just did a stress test for about 10 minutes.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1687/temph50.png

The bracket, should It be really tight or just enought to stay? Also, (sorry for the newbie question) but what is a molex? is it the normal 3-pin that most fan have? Is yes. its already connected with that. Is there a way I can see if my pump use 100% or is there's a way to speed up my fan?

Molex is a brand of plug. It's like Kleenex. Every tissue is Kleenex, as is any connector in a PC, even tho it's not a molex brand.

We usually say Molex when we mean the big 4 pin plug that has 4 wires. In your case, the H50 has two connectors. Small molex I think, still a molex get it? I don't know much about the h50, but there has been MANY posts here about it in the cooling and watercooling forums.
Try a search, you'll learn a TON, and quickly about the H50.
It has water, it isn't magic cooling.
And please test it under load for 30 min, load temps matter. Then we can say you got it right/ wrong.
Prime 95 small ffts and compare to your old cooler. Need room air temps too please.

Honesty counts.

This is my temp. I just did a stress test for about 10 minutes.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1687/temph50.png

temph50.png

TMPIN1 91c
TMPIN2 91c

Dont look right, or maybe a dodgy sensor?

Sure you have pump & fan plugged in the right place?

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

^best place to read.

I'm no pro with amd, but I think it takes longer than that for temps to level out on the cores...and you might not have even hit the equilibrium point on the cooler either.

Ok i just remember something. I put thermal paste on the CPU but I didnt put some on the pump (I removed the thermal compound that come with it too).

Can it affect my temp?

Really, but it had some thermal compound already applied when I got it...

Also, I found a 120mm should I add it to my radiator? which one push and which one pull?

yea, but there was no TIM on the CPU when you went to mount the h50. it goes on one or the other, for non-factory applied paste, it's best to put it on the CPU, not the heatsink.

Push-pull will net you a temp gain (usually). Put the stronger fan pushing.

so finally. since my case is really bad I haven't put a push fan for the radiator of my H50 since it just didnt fit -_- but now that I reseat it and i got 22C on Idle and 48C on full load.

much more like it @ stock. You can put a push outside the case I should imagine & a shroud is always good too. If you wish to overclock..

Back