• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need helpwith choosing between Asus and Asrock for P67

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yoshiii

Hello

I am building a gaming computer. I want to use it for gaming and 2D, 3D design and animating.

I plan to buy the i52500K or the i7 2600K. I have a GTX 570 and might SLI later.

I am looking at:

Asus- P67 Deluxe or the Sabretooth

Asrock- Fata1ty or the Extreme 6.

I am learning about mb so please help me understand the differences between these and which one might be good for me.

Which should I get?

Get the cheapest one.

I'd even go so far as to say go for the ASUS P8P67 Pro or the AsRock P67 Pro3.

The Deluxe has a front 3,5" USB3.0 thing and an extra LAN port. The sabretooth is a fancy P8P67 Pro. The Fata1ity has some gimmicky turbo polling USB mouse thing and the Extreme 6 is for if you want to go 3x sli/cf or some such. The more expensive boards tend to have more power phases, for better stability when overclocking, but the Pro and Pro3 are more than fine.

This is all off the top of my head, so I might be slightly incorrect.

EDIT: My mistake. The Pro3 does not support crossfire/sli. The P8P67 Pro does however.

Last edited:
I think I have narrowed my choice down to the P8P67 Pro as well, can't seem to find out when/if Newegg intends to carry it again. I'd rather order from Newegg than some other vendor but I'll wait until it starts appearing in stock to make that call. I was looking at the Fatal1ty for a while as well but I think the Pro hits a good price point and the ability to do nVidia or ATi sli/xfire is helpful.

J :cool:

I have been speccing parts for a new 1155 build as well, and one of the cheapest boards I've found, that also seems to not skimp on features, is the msi p67a-gd53. Supports 8x8x sli/xfire, is a decent overclocker, full sized atx, and can be found online for ~125 atm.

I know you didn't mention it originally, but hey, another option might help ya.

save 100 bux by getting the 2500k (rather than the 2600k) and get the P8P67 deluxe. rock solid board, installation was as easy as buttering toast, OC's to 4.3ghz without touching a single thing, and it just looks cool :bday: about the only thing it doesnt do is wash my car.....but im sure there is a setting in bios for that. good luck

good luck with the build.. I paid a bit more than i should have for my Sabertooth.. But with the time i've had with it.. dont regret it a bit.. But a lot of the "less frills" boards will oc just as well.. at least to the start of the "walls" 4.5-4.6Ghz with ease.. just get a good cooler if you do go with a 2600k.. they gets warm.. mine is particularly warm.. and even with a ND14 would hit 80c at 4.7 @ 1.376v ( and no it wasnt the mount.. nubs :p ) ;)

Back