• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1155 Cooler Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnmachine

Hey all, I bet this has been asked to death here but I was wondering if you can use a 1156 cooler on a 1155 socket??

Yes. Its the same mounting holes. ;)

Im just curious as to the motivation behind posts like this. If you know its been asked before, why didnt you search for it? And Im really not asking to be a jerk. I just wonder why this doesnt happen (more of a psychological questions if you will).

Does 1155 come with a backplate? I plan on using my TRUE 120 when I get my SB, but I only have the 775 and 1366 backplates for it.

If you know its been asked before, why didnt you search for it?

Sorry, kind of occurred to me after the fact. I didn't really find any reliable answers via google so I came here. :chair:

Could you possibly recommend some good coolers for the 30-40 dollar price range?

Sorry, kind of occurred to me after the fact. I didn't really find any reliable answers via google so I came here. :chair:

Could you possibly recommend some good coolers for the 30-40 dollar price range?

MUX120, best cooler in that price range for sure.

Does 1155 come with a backplate? I plan on using my TRUE 120 when I get my SB, but I only have the 775 and 1366 backplates for it.

I would guess you would need something like this.

MUX120, best cooler in that price range for sure.

Thanks, looks nice but it seems like its listed for +$50 here in Canada. :(

I can get a Scythe Ninja 3 for $30, I have been really satisfied with my Mugen II how does the Ninja 3 stack up?

Since I don't have a Ninja 3, I really can't say how the Hyper 212 Plus compares to it. But I can say that a Hyper 212 Plus can cool a hot running 930 @ 4.0 with the stock fan. So it should do pretty well on an 1155 system.

I should have a review of the Hyper 212 Plus being published in the very near future.

Back