• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Omg, is this normal??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rnldrc22

Now while i was just checking my overclock i saw that my I/O voltage on auto is 1.35!!! Is this normal? Ive read that io voltage should be within 1.05 to 1.08.... And when i reset the Oc, the io voltage stays the same.

Any ideas??

Are you using preset overclocking profiles? Your sig says [email protected].
In my experience, all overclocking profiles usually seem to have a higher voltage set then what is actually needed. To make sure that even people with bad chips can run at those clocks.

Personally. You should try to overclock that cpu yourself. Read up on a bunch of guides and play around in bios/uefi.

Before you rush to conclusions (or tech supports does for you) have you tried manually setting it to like 1.08? Even if you reset the OC if it's on auto it will do whatever it wants. Try manually keying in a number

Before you rush to conclusions (or tech supports does for you) have you tried manually setting it to like 1.08? Even if you reset the OC if it's on auto it will do whatever it wants. Try manually keying in a number

Yeah, i did, however i did contact MSI too and they are replacing it for me. I dont want to have to manually set it since it should do that even on auto :p

If it's set to AUTO it will get turned up as you turn the OC up.
It's not a defect, it's totally normal.

That, after all, is what AUTOmatic means :D

If it's set to AUTO it will get turned up as you turn the OC up.
It's not a defect, it's totally normal.

That, after all, is what AUTOmatic means :D

Even when the cpu is not OCed? i dont think so. Its impossible to be running the 2600k @ 3.4 ghz at 1.344 v of I/O on AUTO.

by the way, thanks for not helping

Back