• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lines across screen, and shadows flickering.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevinmuff

Registered
I seem to get lines across the screen (horizontal) that go up and down sometimes, and also some shadows seem to flicker, doesnt look good at all.
I set all the graphics to the highest settings in the games, AA to 8X or 16X and whatnot. Everything on max.
I use fraps, and monitor my framerates at a solid 60.
The games i play, and seen the lines and shadows in range from world of warcraft to need for speed unleashed 2, crysis 2, everything.
Anyway, here are my specs.

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Intel i7 2600k
8gb Gskill 1600 MHz
MSI twin frozr gtx 560 ti
Kingwin lazer 1000 modular PSU
Crucial 120gb SSD
Western digital black 500gb
Western digital blue 500gb
Coolermaster haf x 942
Noctua DH-D14 CPU cooler

Edit: i have also noticed this happen on my girlfriends computer, with a GTX 460, and her brothers computer with a GTX 480. So i am assuming its not a hardware problem?
Also, my temps on my vid card are still very low, it runs at around 50c while in games.

1- GPU problem > Not possible in three GPUs at the same time with different series
2- Overheating problems > Your temps seems fine, so, pass over this.
3- Overclock settings > Does those GPUs have overclock?
4- Driver problem > Did you try with a different driver? Latest driver and NOT beta driver.

i agree with saint, have you tried newest drivers ? maybe try the last few to see if you have the same problem with different drivers. I get similar flashing/lines/squares (artifacts) when you overclock to high, maybe slow your cards down if you have overclocked at all, or give it a bit more voltage.

This should also probably be in the Nvidia GPU section.

Oh, overclocked too high? Never thought Of that. Because all 3 cardsare stock overclocked, and mine is user overclocked ontop of that. I'll try lowering the settings. And maybe upping the voltages.
By the way, could this possibly be something to do with my monitor? Its a samsung led.

Oh, overclocked too high? Never thought Of that. Because all 3 cardsare stock overclocked, and mine is user overclocked ontop of that. I'll try lowering the settings. And maybe upping the voltages.
By the way, could this possibly be something to do with my monitor? Its a samsung led.

Yeah, not always an overclock means that you will get better performance adn that is good for the rig.

Try with another monitor if you can, but I'd think that is more problem of overclocking, drivers, or GPU himself.

So if it IS artifacting, and it IS because of my overclock, then if I can get my overclock stable, there should be none of this? This is NOT suppose to happen, right? It is really interesting to hear this because for fine tuning my overclock before, all I would do is run furmark, and watch my frame-rates in games. Now I know I have to look out for artifacting as well. Is there any good applications to check for artifacting so I don't need to load up a videogame first? Also, if I can get it to stop artifacting in one game, most likely, I'll be set for all other games? Or no?*
And what do you guys recommend for a voltage on my card?*
If I can't get a stable voltage with my custom overclock, I will just go back to the speeds that came with my card.*
But anyway, the card I have is a MSI twin frozr II gtx 560 ti, and I believe the only thing I have touched is the core clock speed, I set it to 950.*

I can't give you the voltage for your GPU because all are different even if we have the same series and brand.

An overclock GPU stable means that your should not see ANY problem in games, benchmarks or both. If you only change the Core clock, the memory clock and shaders (if isn't linked with core clock) are wrong and that could be the problem.

Sorry, I should have specified, they are linked. And I know each card is different, but I'm just looking for a ballpark number so I know what I should be increasing by

Back