• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuning Kingston Value Ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fry

Registered
Hi all,

first my HW spec:
i7-950 @4.2Ghz (183x23) @1.29375V
Sabertooth x58
Kingsten VR 1333 D3N9K2/4G (4GB PC3 -10600 CL9 )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My questions are:
- Should i clock my RAM manualy in the OC tool from Intel or just in BIOS?
- Are these setting oke, or can these be tuned bether?

Best Regards Fry

For timings and speed, that's up to you to experiment with.

However I would highly suggest any settings to do with RAM/CPU/anything concerning OC'ing and modifying values be done via the BIOS. (aside from graphics cards of course).

oke in the bios, as always in the past :D

but how "safe" is this to experiment with. Im a total noob im ramtuning. I only know to change the multiplayer so my RAM wont BLOWUP if i change the FSB etc...

If i change the CL to 8 for example this will increase the mhz ? so i blowup my ram? i dont know!

I really don't think that Intel Utility is telling you the truth. Not only does it say your CPU voltage is 1.3, but it says your RAM voltage is 1.35.

But CPU-Z states your CPU voltage is 1.4, and your Ram is 1.5.

I'm far more inclined to believe CPU-Z. The 1.4v would explain your high temps in your other thread as well. And your RAM.. Well if it was 1.35v I don't believe it'd be stable... So I really think you should disregard anything Intel Utility says lol.

Your RAM is already set at CL8 according to CPU-Z. Again Intel Utility is reporting something different.. :shrug:

The current DRAM frequency is only DDR3-1098 on the x6 multiplier (183 x 6 = 1098), which is why the BIOS auto-adjusted the DRAM voltage to 1.35V from the rated 1.50V at their rated frequency. It also tightened the timings from the default of 9-9-9 at DDR3-1333 to 8-8-8 at DDR3-1098. Just leave everything RAM related as-is, since bumping the DRAM multiplier to the next highest value of x8 would result in an effective frequency of DDR3-1464, which is considerably faster that what those ValueRAM modules are rated to run at. And instead of posting a pic. of CPU-Z open at idle, post a pic. while running Prime so we can see what the "loaded" Vcore is.

Back