• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e5800 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

logicalsam

Registered
ooh i recently purchased an intel e5800 3.2ghz cpu..but the problem is cpu-z core temp and other programs are showing that its never clocking itself back to 3.2ghz instead it sits at 1.3ghz even under constant full load like from prime95 and cpu intensive games..i've looked for these suppsosed windows power options found the menu but there is nothing in there for cpu control justt hdd/monitor ect sleep functions and stuff.i dont have the option in my bios i've already checked...can someone please help? i want my cpu to clock to what the manufacturer says its supposed to run.....or faster Muhahaha

cpu-z validation link here...it's underclocked by intel and overclocked by sam lol
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1812447

had to push it some cause 1.2?? just wasent cutting it...

Asus P5L-MX is the closest board listed on Asus' website to your HP OEM board. The manual states there a Speedstep option in the ADVANCED category in the BIOS and you should set that to disabled. If its not there, be sure to update your bios to the latest as a newer bios might contain that option. The pictures shown in the PDF didnt contain the speedstep option but the manual suggested the newer bios' contain the option so its worth a try.

If that doesnt work (or you can try it before hand), change the power option of your computer to ALWAYS ON.

Thanks daemon I couldnt see the Cpuz link from work.

Updating the bios will hopefully do it. Problem is that chipset is absolutely Ancient and may not support that cpu in the first place.

i'm already running the ami 5.16 i cant find any newer ones anywhere..i did find a 'hacked' bios tho the reportedly has the option to disable speedstep???? Not sure about taking a 3rd party bios tho..not experienced enough to know the consquences of getting a bad one and dont want to find out the hard way..if there's any suggestions or links please share them...

i had hell getting the option to show up in power options to set the processor max and min's finaly got it everythings set to 100% max performance all around nothing even goes to sleep..c1,c2,c3,c4,c4 hard have been disabled.i have no option that i have been able to find bios or otherwise that even mentions speed steep i tryed rightmark to try and change some settings..no luck tho disable eist is greyed out...i know all my hardware supports eist as i had another cpu utlizing the same version...i've tryed throttling the cpu via various programs..set throttle to 100% no change still 1.2ghz (1.3Ghz) thanks to setfsb for now... Any more idea's out there? i've been intel who told me to go to asus asus is telling me to go to compaq but they wont even talk to me about it becouse the original system is out of warrenty.been all over google wikipedia intel compaq asus microsoft.realy dont want to have to try an rma yet..intel is well known for being slow....

So is your problem solved? Why are you talking about RMA? That chipset (945) likely doesnt support you chip is the problem, if you are still having one. Please be clear.

I'm getting 3.19ghz on Linux Ubuntu according to CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor 2.32.1.1 while it is locked to 100% thats better then being locked to 1.2ghz i think..got a garage/shop fan with guard ofcourse up beside the case and an Asus heat sink/fan hopefully that will keep it cool enough as i havent found a temp montiroing solution yet.. :(

edit on speed misstyper

Bios question

I have a question about the bios...could i use any american megatrends bios or does it have to be specific ones?

and does anyone know of a solid hacked bios for this??? if i could just unlock the options that are already in it this could be a decent mobo.. :p

compaq doesnt list a bios update..and asus does not even list the mobo as one of their own on their website even tho asus is clearly printed on the pcb...

what gets me is...intel cpu id utility tells me 1.19ghz on windows vista with the fsb at 796....for 1 how does 192.25x6 go into 1190.00 it should bre at 1.15ghz with that fsb and my 6 multi.. ....2 why is the same program reporting 3.19ghz on linux on the same system...i tryed many things to get this cpu throttled up even had it sitting at 100% usage for like 2 hours straight running p95 gamebiz and internet/radio..come to linux i do nothing to throttle it up run the check and its at 3.19

Its like this cpu has a mind of its saying winblows sucks...lol

Last edited:
Back