• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got my new antec 300 build done, almost!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chirkk

Registered
I just built my first pc, besides my old pentium 4 socket 478 pc 5 years ago.

I'm waiting on a new powersupply to come (i'm using a 400w power supply I had laying around, ordered a sleeved coolmax psu to power this thing) and a new GPU. I will be getting a new GTX 550 TI or a radeon 6770.

SO, lets dig right into some specs.

My cpu is an AMD Phenom II X4 955 with a slight overclock from 3.2GHz to 3.4GHz. Here is my cpu-z validation.

Cool 'n Quiet
2460458.png

Prime95
2460420.png

I plan on overclocking this thing when I get my new PSU to 3.6GHz. Note this is not the black edition one, it's a normal 955.

For ram I decided to grab 2x4GB (8GB) of G-SKILL Ripjaw-X 1600MHz DDR3 ram. No overclocking on these.

My mobo is an ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS which uses the 760G chipset.

For cooling, i'm using a Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus with a blob of arctic silver 5 compound.

My case is an Antec 300, the old one without cable management. It's a little messy, but when my new psu arrives i'll fix it up a bit.

Temps are great, they would be lower if I turned off the thing in the bios that controls cpu fan speed. Speaking of fans, I have 2 front blue LED 120mm fans, a side 120mm fan, a rear 120mm fan, and a clear 140mm top fan. All of my fans are hooked up to an NCXT Sentry 2 fan controller.

Idle my cpu is at 25c (2c higher than room temp)
Load 40c (12 hours of prime95)

Here are some pics of my setup, but it will look much better with the new modular power supply i'm getting in a few days.

2croykw.jpg

wjw8xj.jpg

155i6ac.jpg

2ldd93c.jpg

9qisy0.jpg

nice build.

a suggestion if i may.... i have the same case and i don't use the side fan. the other 4 fans are way more than you would ever need! the side fan is just a source for dust. i even took the extra step to cover the hole to keep the airflow consistent from the front to back. take it for what you will.

nice build.

a suggestion if i may.... i have the same case and i don't use the side fan. the other 4 fans are way more than you would ever need! the side fan is just a source for dust. i even took the extra step to cover the hole to keep the airflow consistent from the front to back. take it for what you will.
I love my airflow. I had a P4 build in here for years (hence the beat up looking side panel in the pics) and the side fan collected too much dust for my liking so I just now put a nice mesh panel over it.

Back