• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED i7-860 + asus board OC help needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jandre

Registered
Hey guys, I have an i7-860 chip that I'd like to overclock. I recently purchased the Asus P7P55D- E LX from a local microcenter (when i was visiting the USA) aswell as a scythe mugen 2.

I bought these items in hope to achieve at least a decent overclock of at least maybe 3.6ghz or so.

I've overclocked my chip to 3.2ghz with turbomode turned off and ran it stable on prime95 for round an hour with 1.2vcore and temps were all within expected levels and still a great amount of headroom in terms of temperature. I used the asus software called TurboV just out of curiosity to try things out, I have never used the bios except for turning off turbomode.

I have two sticks of 2gb from Crucial. My ram timings are 9-9-9-24.

I'm just a bit lost on how to approach overclocking through the bios with my asus board. I have to admit, it looks a little intimidating. I'm hoping someone or some people who may have some experience with asus boards or my 860 that can help guide me a bit on what settings to tweak and how etc.

Much appreciated, Jan

Back