• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probable build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MarcoX

Registered
Hello people

I will show you my future build, please comment, tell me any mistakes i've made or anything you think you must ^^

-CM HAF 932 Full tower.
-700W Coolermaster extreme PSU.
-Intel Core i5 2500K.
-Four 2Gb DDR3 2000MHz Gskill ripjaws.
-Asus P8P67 Deluxe.
-1TB Caviar green WD HDD.
-LG 22X Sata DVD/CD RW drive.
-MSI N570GTX TwinFrozr II OC.

Probably adding some things with time, soundcard for sure.

If you want to go ASUS get the P8Z68 not the P67. Z68 is a superior chipset. NDA was lifted 5/11/11 so it is extremely recent. Unlocks the igpu transistors on the cpu allowing, for example, the (awesome) ability to transcode H264 on your igpu while your cpu and discreet GPU play Crysis. Very cool.

The Coolermaster (anything) is a no no. The hyper 212 cooler is good value. Other than that I say nay. Get a Corsair or Seasonic PSU. The TX 750 V2 corsair is Seasonic. Seasonic also makes branded PSUs.

Get a BLACK Caviar not a green. Greens are not high performance.
Best PCI soundcard atm is the Auzen Meridian. I'm not big on anything in PCIE with the exclusion of the Xonar STX which has better SNR on it's PCI version anyways. I've come to believe based on comparing SNR levels for similar cards on PCI vs PCIE that PCIE introduces additional noise to the audio signal vs PCI but I base this on my own hearsay.

I think theocnoob touched on everything important. My only advice is that if you're in America/ordering off Newegg, the HAF932 comes with a nice $20 in shipping. The HAFX only ends up being $25 more, since they waive shipping off the big brother.

Thanks for the answers
About my location, I live in Argentina, so that option is really not posible, here the 932 is already costing me 241 USD, and about the rest of the things, i searched for a Z68 and it hasn´t already arrived here and I changed the PSU to a Corsair TX750 V2, which I saw in the recommended PSU list and decided to change the RAM memory to two 4gb Gskill Sniper 1600 mhz, which i think can keep up with the usage i'll give them

Thanks for the advice and recommendations!

Back