• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

£300 To Spend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawy14

Hello everyone,

Well I have been saving up for a while now and finally have £300 to unleash the FLAC's stored on my PC via some awsome new speakers!

So what I was looking at was the Logitech z5500, however reading around a lot I dont think are as good as I was thinking.

In one post I was reading somebody was saying about getting a reciever and some bookshelf speakers.

So I am pretty confused now. Can anybody recommend me a audio setup, just for music, which will sound great?

Thanks

Richard :)

Typically speaking, a receiver tends to have signficantly better AMPs, DACs, etc., then a PC sound card. Plus, receivers will power bookself speakers much better.

Instead of investing in a sound card you can run the HDMI out from your GPU to the receiver.

I don't know any good european sites to order from. But I do suggest some Polk Audio Mointor 40s.

YOu can do a lot better for 150 pounds speaker wise.

Go to a Hi Fi shop, tell them you want a receiver/amp and speakers for 150 respectively and you need HDMI or SPDIF (assuming you have these) input on it.

Have a look at the sound system I have in my signature. It's so good that the neighbours threatened to invite the police over at 2am to listen to my sounds.

YOu can do a lot better for 150 pounds speaker wise.

Go to a Hi Fi shop, tell them you want a receiver/amp and speakers for 150 respectively and you need HDMI or SPDIF (assuming you have these) input on it.

ALL hi-fi shops are over priced.

Domino, I think he was saying for the OP to go to a Hi Fi shop to listen to some audio equipment and then he can judge what he wants by that.

Domino, I think he was saying for the OP to go to a Hi Fi shop to listen to some audio equipment and then he can judge what he wants by that.

I think that would the better thing to do, that's for sure. But he did say to ask for something in the price range of 150 per speaker. But I guess I could have mistaken what he was intending...

It could mean since its overpriced than he would be hearing 100 dollar speakers or pound speakers which can help in the decision.

Back