• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1055t 890xa-ud3 help pushing past 3.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

th3b3ar

Registered
hey guys im new to ocing and require a little help i have managed to push my 1055t to 3.6 any higher causes instability temps are fine coretemp shows 37c under load (h50 water cooler) vcore is at 1.475 my feeling is that my ram is poo
1333hz giel c9 i keep it well under 1333hz and nb/ht around 2000 i havnt changed memory timings tho

If this is all i will get from my hardware what would be next best purchase

cheers in advance for any help

few change was at work when i posted tryin to remember everything

vcore 1.376
multi x14
fsb 255
ht link 2040
nb freq 2295

This thread was in O/Community, but its a hardware question about overclocking an AMD CPU, so I moved it to the AMD CPU section.

If I were you, I would lower the memory divider. Lowering the memory divider/ratio will make the RAM run at a lower frequency, then you can try to increase FSB a few notches. If it works, that means the RAM is your limiting factor, if you are still unstable with your RAM running at a lower frequency, that means your CPU is a limiting factor.

I would like to know what motherboard you are working with, as well as what voltages you are giving the RAM and CPU-NB. A little extra CPU-NB voltage can improve the stability of your processor... When I was running LN2 on AMD chips, increasing CPU-NB voltage got me a few hundred extra Mhz from the processor frequency.

oh cheers for moving the post mobo is gigabyte ga-890xa-ud3 (790x chipset)
dram voltage is 1.52 ive not touched this

cpu-nb voltage 1.2 ive increased this .05
ram timings are (auto) 6-6-6-15
memory divider ratio is that ram multiplier coz thats at 4x
oh and thanks again

Can you run cpuz, click on the memory tab, and take a screenshot to post here for us? Just want to confirm what your memory frequency and timings are, which will tell me for sure what your memory ratio is.

If what you say is correct, you are running your memory at 1020Mhz with 6-6-6-15 timings... That would be pretty high frequency with pretty tight timings, and you are likely pushing it right to its limits.

I'm not sure what the divider/multiplier is called on a gigabyte board, I've never ran one personally. However you want to lower your ram frequency and loosen the timings, then see if you are able to run the processor any faster - that will help you find the limits of your chip, and eliminate ram as a limiting factor.

ok mate ill thow up some pic wen i get home (stuck at work yay)
admitadly i know sweet f-a about memory so i really appreciate your help

mem spd.PNG

mem.PNG

dont know if this is causing a problem but all details help right i have 3 mem sticks 2x 2g dual channel and 1x 4g single sound like it will cause a problem

Last edited:
You are running at a 1:2 divider, meaning your FSB is 255Mhz and your ram frequency is 510Mhz. Your memory timings are tighter than the ratings for the frequency you are running however, so I would loosen those to 8-8-8-22 and then try to increase FSB further and see if you can get any higher. If not, your CPU is at a wall with your current cooling.

thanks mate youve helped alot loosend timingsw and ran prime 95 for 20mins at fsb255 core temp got to 41 and i have offset it +10 i will keep pushing and post results

FWIW, I was able to run a 1090T, 965, and 975 at around 4.5-4.7Ghz through various benchmarks on air cooling. This was by no means P95 stable, but I would think you should be able to get better than 3.6Ghz and be fairly stable in P95. I haven't done a lot of regular air cooled overclocking, so I'm not sure exactly what is typical for 24/7 clocks on those processors...

Someone else may have more input on regular expectations?

hey mate still pushing clock doin a 20 min test raising fsb by 5 at 3.8 now and goin up my goal was 4 but i know i wil go higher i remember buying this machine to play games now it seems all i do is run tests and benches lol

cpu-z just increased voltage

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 261
made i to 4g how long should i run prime check its a stable 24/7 clock

Some say as long as 24 hours, some as little as 2. Generally What I do is set p95 and core temp and let it run for a couple of hours and make sure my temps are below 55C. After that I let it run overnight (well daytime for me) and if it doesn't crash when i wake up like 10 hours later its good. You can go longer if you like. Long as your temps stay good and it lasts a good few hours you should be fine.

sweet ran 8 hours cortemp says max is 45c now to get back into witcher 2 cheers again guys

th3b3ar i know this thread is really old but i found it through an online search - i have almost an identical system as you, different manufacture ram and dual 6970's. can you help me get to 4g with my 1055t? what are your setting and voltages? i'm new to overclocking so as much info you can give me would be appreciated.

not everybody can get 4ghz, every cpu and motherboard is not identical. Some are beast overclockers and some are duds. I have a 1055t @ 3.5, and a gigabyte 880ga-ud3h. The motherboard is nothing special for overclocking due to its power phase design, and its also a relatively cheapish motherboard to begin with.

I currently have the cpu at 3.5ghz stock voltages and its completely stable. Been having it like this for almost two years not a single hiccup. I remember being bored one day and decided to go for my highest possible oc, I remember getting to 3.96 or so stable, and in order to get 4 i had to be VERY precise with settings, and there were over half a dozen i had to continuously change. I am able to get 4ghz but its a mission.

Also, the first couple hundred mhz you can do on stock volts, and they give a good performance increase. The last couple hundred mhz to your final oc have small performance gains, and you have to keep pumping more and more voltage. Like instead of giving more after 500mhz you are giving more after 200mhz. IMO, the sweet spot for 1055t is 3.5 @ stock volts. I still max everything so I do not need to go any higher.

I have g.skill memory 1666mhz 9-9-9-24. Used to have some corsair memory, which was THE FIRST GENERATION of ddr3 memory so kind of old, and costed a fortune brand new. It was 1666mhz 9-9-9-22.

Back