• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Overclocking 1055T GA-990FXA-UD3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go up to 1.5 volts but no more. That's not 1.5 in the bios but whatever it takes for it to get to 1.5 under max load in the HWMonitor 12v+ rail reading. That CPU you have is not a great piece of silicone, that's for sure. Stepping is "0" according to CPU-z. A stepping of 3 would be much better.

I would go up to 1.5 volts but no more. That's not 1.5 in the bios but whatever it takes for it to get to 1.5 under max load in the HWMonitor 12v+ rail reading. That CPU you have is not a great piece of silicone, that's for sure. Stepping is "0" according to CPU-z. A stepping of 3 would be much better.

I went up to 1.5 CPU vcore and raised CPU-NB and HT Link back to 1800

cpu 147.jpg

mem 147.jpg

spd 147.jpg

temp 147.jpg

I think you have room for one more .025 voltage increase if necessary.

Attachments

• voltage.PNG
    voltage.PNG
    137.1 KB · Views: 119
increased .025 and failed at about 10 min again. Is this a lost cause to get stable overclock?

cpu 1525.jpg

mem 1525.jpg

spd 1525.jpg

temp 1525.jpg

Your Ram probably has you failing. The mem voltage is too low for such tight timings.

Try manually setting in 9-9-9-24-34 and you can bump voltage from 1.5v to 1.55v to give a small amount of head room. We will see how these timings work on the current divider first.

You may use up to 1.65v safely with your ram. Anything more you need to actively cool the memory with a fan right on it. Like anything else, if it runs too hot, it'll get unstable.

Your Memory will be a limiting factor besides cpu heat fyi.

Set it up and test.

Wait a minute. I think I see what the problem is and it is that your ram timings are now too tight for the frequency. Loosen them to 9-9-9-24-34-2T in bios and bump the ram voltage to 1.6 or even 1.625. Look at the XMP column in CPU-z "SPD" tab. That's what the timings and voltages should be now. You would need to take that control in bios off of Auto in order to manually configure the timings. There will be a number of other timings in bios than what you see in CPU-z but only concern yourself with the five or six that show in CPU-z.

The ram voltages are greyed out and appear to be unchangeable in this motherboard. Even when i take it off of auto. However I can change the timings

Strange. What's the ram voltage set to by default in bios then? 1.5?

1.5 is the default and i can enable extreme memory profile that bumps it to 1.6

Then enable the XMP. That may also change the timings for you accordingly.

Okay, it's past my bedtime. I'm hitting the hay. I'll check this tomorrow.

Bah i have to get ready for a flight so i wont be able to test this until monday.

Thank you very very much for all your help again. Have a good night!

Back