• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC] Phenom II x6 1055T bottlenecks RX 560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The HT is a communication highway ("bus") between the CPU and various other components on the motherboard. The NB (or NB-CPU) is essentially the memory controller integrated into the CPU. "NB" was also used to refer to the onboard graphics processor so that could be confusing. The NB in CPU-z is the CPU-NB which in bios should be the NB grouped with the CPU cluster of controls.

HT is relatively sensitive to increases in the Front Side Bus (FSB) frequency (now called BCLK for "Basic Clock") which is the master bus of the system. Changes in FSB frequency also cause corresponding increases in the HT frequency, the CPU-NB frequency and the RAM frequency. In other words, they are dependents of the FSB/BCLK frequency.

If any of those dependent frequencies becomes too high the system will become unstable. This can be offset by lowering their multipliers or increasing their voltage (within limits).

With the Tuban core CPUs like you have, many were saying they were most stable when the HT was in lockstep with the NB/CPU-NB but I always liked to adjust that multiplier to keep in running a little slower than the NB-NBCPU. You can try it both ways.

NB/CPU-NB was usually good for at least 2500 mhz with a little estra voltage. Try 1.225-1.25 range.

Ok so I either set the CPU-NB to 2500 mhz with 1,225-1,25V and let the HT as it is (lower than NB) or I set them both to 2500 and see how it goes ( if i set the ht to 2500 too i have to raise it's voltage too, right? )

There is no benefit what so ever of overclocking the HT link frequency. Keep that around 2000 and at the stock voltage.
CPU/NB frequency there is benefit of increase, but.......keep in mind when you bump the CPU/NB voltage your overall temp will increase also.
Realistically, in your circumstance, I would try bumping the CPU/NB frequency a little but not increase the voltage any more than maybe 1.25v.
You're already finding out that your board ain't that great an overclocking board. Push it hard and you'll blow it up.

If I recall correctly, we never raised the HT voltage. I don't think it liked that. But yes, you seem to have understood what I tried to communicate correctly.

There is no benefit what so ever of overclocking the HT link frequency. Keep that around 2000 and at the stock voltage.
CPU/NB frequency there is benefit of increase, but.......keep in mind when you bump the CPU/NB voltage your overall temp will increase also.
Realistically, in your circumstance, I would try bumping the CPU/NB frequency a little but not increase the voltage any more than maybe 1.25v.
You're already finding out that your board ain't that great an overclocking board. Push it hard and you'll blow it up.

I have changed the NB from x8 2000 to x9 2250 ( without increasing the voltage )
Same error ( blue screen ) after 1 hour and 30 minutes of Blend Prime95
Temps were pretty high, and were going up weirdly, the max temp wasn't after 20 minutes of stress, it kept increasing...at minute 20 it was on 48 C, at 50 minutes 50 C and 1 hour and 30 minutes 52 C, also CPUTIN was on 62,5. There's not a lot of room in temperatures.

I took a photo with my phone before the crash :D
51.jpg
226-0.png
Any advice? :D

Also I still don't understand why the cooler's RPM's stay at 1500 not 1700 as it used too, I know you explained me something but idk
Do you think I have to increase the NB's voltage? But I don't think my temps will take it. Or do you think it's safe to leave it as it is? My performance improved and games are smoother.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Made some cinebench tests for fun View attachment 209750 what do you think? If I remember correctly the cpu score without the overclock was like 400-420. Would be great to make it stable at 3,5 ghz

Last edited:
Check the bios in PC Health section, I believe, and you should see a section for fan speed reporting and control. That motherboard is old enough it may not have PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology but it may have voltage control. Does the fan have three or four wires?

Edit: If you are Prime95 stable for 90 minutes I would be you'll be stable in everyday use. Try it and see. If not, then add another bump to the CPU voltage. In real life, you will probably never see the temps you are seeing while stress testing with Prime95.

I won't comment on the Cinebench scores as I have nothing to compare it to from that era. Was this CB R15 or CB R20? I get over 4000 on CB R20 with the system in my Sig.

Awfully cute puppie, by the way, in your Avatar. Your dog?

Last edited:
Check the bios in PC Health section, I believe, and you should see a section for fan speed reporting and control. That motherboard is old enough it may not have PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology but it may have voltage control. Does the fan have three or four wires?

Edit: If you are Prime95 stable for 90 minutes I would be you'll be stable in everyday use. Try it and see. If not, then add another bump to the CPU voltage. In real life, you will probably never see the temps you are seeing while stress testing with Prime95.

I won't comment on the Cinebench scores as I have nothing to compare it to from that era. Was this CB R15 or CB R20? I get over 4000 on CB R20 with the system in my Sig.

Awfully cute puppie, by the way, in your Avatar. Your dog?

These are the settings I found in the BIOS for fans:
fan1.jpg fan2.jpg
It was set on full speed, tried on automatic, level 9 is maximum, and if i set the target cpu temperature to 47 (lowest level ) and save settings and come back to bios the RPM's are the same so i just let them on full speed.. idk

That's what I'm thinking too, my pc never crashes by just using it and temps are a lot lower in games than that.

Haha, no, that's not my dog, I found the picture and I thought he was really cute.

Also, I used Cinebench R15 by Maxon ( link: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/cinebench-15-download.html ) if you want to battle in scores with my monster cpu haha

Your fan speed adjustments are full on so you aren't going to be getting anymore rpm out of them on that board. But realize the board could be under reporting the RPM. Is there a newer bios for that motherboard?

I don't know it always used to be on 1700 rpm's if you check other prime95 screenshots i've attached until know..maybe you're right, it's under reporting. Also I don't know how to find out if there's a newer bios on my motherboard, but I doubt it is honestly.

Check the number of the current bios for your board and compare it to what you see in this table.

Attachments

• ASRock Bios.png
    ASRock Bios.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 114
Check the number of the current bios for your board and compare it to what you see in this table.

bs.png
It's the latest, checked it via cmd and msinfo32, both showed the same verison 2.80.

EDIT: My PC actually blue screened me while playing cs go, I set the NB back to x8 2000 mhz, maybe it won't crash..my other option was to increase the nb voltage? at 2250 need confirmation :D

Looks like you have the latest bios installed. You can either add a little voltage to the NB or cut back on the frequency but you don't have to cut back all the way to 2000 as long as you give it little over stock voltage.

hmm hello, never seen you around, nice to meet you :D

EDIT: He deleted his post, I'm not crazy, wasn't talking to myself haha :eek:

So your advice is to set the cpu voltage to 1,35 V and leave the NB to x8 2000 mhz?

Last edited:
Looks like you have the latest bios installed. You can either add a little voltage to the NB or cut back on the frequency but you don't have to cut back all the way to 2000 as long as you give it little over stock voltage.

Ok, I guess i'm leaving it at 2000 atm, and if it crashes I will set it back to 2250 and increase the voltage a little bit if my temps allows it. Thanks!

idk..the cpu is really old, i have it from 2011 i don't know if that has something to do with it

Nope. Just a crappy processor.
My 1055T

Attachments

• image_id_2070776.png
    image_id_2070776.png
    485.2 KB · Views: 80
Nope. Just a crappy processor.
My 1055T

Unlucky, as always..got used to it :D
Maybe that's not it, maybe i'm doing something wrong
I'm going to try new things tomorrow, maybe I'll be able to make it stable, i'm going to sleep now, have a nice day/night! :)

Also, nice score, 60 points higher than mine, impressive.

I think it's useable as it is, It never crashes while gaming, I will leave it like this atm, If I encounter any problems I will come back here.

Thank you very much for your help I wouldn't have been able to do it without y'all!

You are welcome but I'm not sure we were able to help you in such a way to make any improvement.

Back