• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC] Phenom II x6 1055T bottlenecks RX 560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think you're at the end of your rope without a better board, ram, and cooling. :p

What Prime 95 test are you using? I don't recall which tests favor which components but I do remember one is more weighted to giving the RAM a workout. And I would run it longer than one hour. For really stable, overnight with memtest is good. Unstable RAM can be flaky. It may do an hour of Prime95 no problem-then start throwing errors next boot.

It's not bad, can't complain 0,6 ghz increase :D Do I have to test in prime95 more or that 1 hour is enough?

What Prime 95 test are you using? I don't recall which tests favor which components but I do remember one is more weighted to giving the RAM a workout. And I would run it longer than one hour. For really stable, overnight with memtest is good. Unstable RAM can be flaky. It may do an hour of Prime95 no problem-then start throwing errors next boot.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Screenshot_2.png
this was the test
EDIT: I guess I have to do a Large FFTs (stresses memory controller and RAM) test

Blend is fine, and it tests it with the system the way it normally operates. If thermals allow, though, I'd still give it at least two hours of that.

Damn after 1 hour and 45 minutes of prime95, I got bluescreened

The temps were the same as in the other test ( 1 hour) i dind't take a screenshot because of the crash
max temp on cpu: 49 (even lower than last time with 0,5)
and max temp on motherboard: 60
I have used the pc all day with the overclock and didn't have a problem, what do you think caused this crash?

your-pc-ran-into-problem-1.png

Probably just needs a smidgen increase in vcore. But could also need HT frequency lowering or add voltage to NB or RAM.

But please attach pics of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD.

That all looks good. I'd say a touch more of core voltage would fix you're instability problem in the 2 hr. Prime95 test. But if you can make almost two hours you probably won't have any issues in day to day computing.

That all looks good. I'd say a touch more of core voltage would fix you're instability problem in the 2 hr. Prime95 test. But if you can make almost two hours you probably won't have any issues in day to day computing.

Do you think I will be able to raise the FSB to 250 from 245 too if I raise the core voltage a little bit without any stability issues? The ram will also return at it's 1333 frequency which I think will be a good thing.. idk.

Screenshot_3.png

The core voltage is the CPU Voltage right? that 1,3250 V, how much should I raise it?

Maybe. Yes, they are the same. Try it.

Ok, so, I went in to bios to increase the CPU Voltage and these were the only options 94483181_560714528163448_109792532455489536_n.jpg

It was set on 3250 V and the next option was 3375 V which looked a bit too much, so i didnt do it.. i need your confirmation haha
So I just set the FSB to 250 to see what happens, it boots without a problem but after 2 minutes of prime95 it gives me a blue screen sooo idk

CPU-Z At 250 FSB:
250.png Memory 250.png spd 250.png

1.3375 is not excessive at all as long as you cooling keeps the package/core temps below about 55c or stress test load. Back in the day we used to run those things with more voltage than that 24/7. But like you, I always liked to be able to get the FSB up to where my RAM was running at full frequency. That is usually pretty doable.

1.3375 is not excessive at all as long as you cooling keeps the package/core temps below about 55c or stress test load. Back in the day we used to run those things with more voltage than that 24/7. But like you, I always liked to be able to get the FSB up to where my RAM was running at full frequency. That is usually pretty doable.

Set it to 1,3375, it passed the 20 minutes prime95 test wihout a problem, temps were even a bit lower on cpu, also I noticed something strange, the CPU Cooler Speed was on 1500 rpm on this test and on the last one was on 1700..idk

Screenshot_4.png voltaj 1.png v2.png v3.png

I will try the 2 hours test tomorrow. Thank you.

4-pin fan header.

PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) is a way to control the fan (cycles on and off a constant 12V to maintain a speed). Compared to DC control (3-pin) which you turn the voltage down to adjust speed.

Back