• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC] Phenom II x6 1055T bottlenecks RX 560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, so its rpm will be tied to the thermal presets of your bios' fan curve.

Blue screen after 1 hour of Prime95
max temp on CPU: 48,5
max temp on motherboard: 60,5

What do I have to change now?

Blue screen after 1 hour of Prime95
max temp on CPU: 48,5
max temp on motherboard: 60,5

What do I have to change now?
Have you read the guide? I'd start there so you have a better idea of what you are doing and need to do... :)

See the phenom or bulldozer guides in my sig.

I've read some guides, it's pretty difficult for me, not gonna lie, when I read it looks easy but when I'm in the act i forget everything :D. That's why I'm here, I just want to get it stable on 3,5 ghz and I'm gone. I will read your guide too.

EDIT: My guess is I either have to give a bit more voltage to the CPU in order to make it stable or I have to mess with the NB or HT ( And those 2 are the ones that I don't understand how to use and what they are doing )

Last edited:
LOL, we don't want you 'gone'... we're here to help! But understanding more of the basics and what you are doing is all a part of it. :)

LOL, we don't want you 'gone'... we're here to help! But understanding more of the basics and what you are doing is all a part of it. :)

I'll second that. And just to clarify my absence in this thread, I put my $.02 in a couple times, but trents and ED are no slouches and too many people throwing advice at you (OP) will make it even more difficult to keep up with what's what. I came to OCF trying to squeeze more juice out of a first gen Phenom and these guy helped me get better than average results. They'll get you there, but it is a process. Each chip is different so there is no "formula" for big clocks.

I understand, I know im kind of a pain in the *** and I ask a lot of questions and need a lot of confirmations but I'm more than a newbie haha, I'm trying my best, don't want to do something stupid either
So is giving more voltage to the cpu a good ideea in order to get rid of the blue screen
Or do I have to change the NB to 2200 as shown in this photo, because im on 3,5 ghz ( Mine is at x8 1900 atm)

Screenshot_6.png

Edit: Also I don't mind people thworing advices at me, I'm trying to manage them, and understand something from any advice.

Likely a vcore issue then. Add a bit more if you are under max stress test temps for your CPU (not sure what it is, likely in the guide?).

The HT is a communication highway ("bus") between the CPU and various other components on the motherboard. The NB (or NB-CPU) is essentially the memory controller integrated into the CPU. "NB" was also used to refer to the onboard graphics processor so that could be confusing. The NB in CPU-z is the CPU-NB which in bios should be the NB grouped with the CPU cluster of controls.

HT is relatively sensitive to increases in the Front Side Bus (FSB) frequency (now called BCLK for "Basic Clock") which is the master bus of the system. Changes in FSB frequency also cause corresponding increases in the HT frequency, the CPU-NB frequency and the RAM frequency. In other words, they are dependents of the FSB/BCLK frequency.

If any of those dependent frequencies becomes too high the system will become unstable. This can be offset by lowering their multipliers or increasing their voltage (within limits).

With the Tuban core CPUs like you have, many were saying they were most stable when the HT was in lockstep with the NB/CPU-NB but I always liked to adjust that multiplier to keep in running a little slower than the NB-NBCPU. You can try it both ways.

NB/CPU-NB was usually good for at least 2500 mhz with a little estra voltage. Try 1.225-1.25 range.

The HT is a communication highway ("bus") between the CPU and various other components on the motherboard. The NB (or NB-CPU) is essentially the memory controller integrated into the CPU. "NB" was also used to refer to the onboard graphics processor so that could be confusing. The NB in CPU-z is the CPU-NB which in bios should be the NB grouped with the CPU cluster of controls.

HT is relatively sensitive to increases in the Front Side Bus (FSB) frequency (now called BCLK for "Basic Clock") which is the master bus of the system. Changes in FSB frequency also cause corresponding increases in the HT frequency, the CPU-NB frequency and the RAM frequency. In other words, they are dependents of the FSB/BCLK frequency.

If any of those dependent frequencies becomes too high the system will become unstable. This can be offset by lowering their multipliers or increasing their voltage (within limits).

With the Tuban core CPUs like you have, many were saying they were most stable when the HT was in lockstep with the NB/CPU-NB but I always liked to adjust that multiplier to keep in running a little slower than the NB-NBCPU. You can try it both ways.

NB/CPU-NB was usually good for at least 2500 mhz with a little estra voltage. Try 1.225-1.25 range.

Back