• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[OC] Phenom II x6 1055T bottlenecks RX 560

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started getting blue screens so I wanted to check the temps out of curiosity and when I open core temp I get this error: "Driver has failed to load. This program will not continue". They were not showing in the CPUID HWMonitor either. So I loaded UEFI default settings to see if it will work again and same error. Weird.
das.png
dada.png

Sounds like you could be getting file corruption. Check RAM with memtest86 and also run system file checker: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Also check the physical health of your hard drive with CrystalDiskInfo.

Physical health of hard drive:
crystal.png

System file checker:
cmd prompt.png

For ram I used memory diagnostic:
memory diagn.png

Still can't open core temp and see temps ( this is the error it shows in event viewer after trying to open it )
31.png

Also, out of curiosity in CrystalDiskInfo, that "Power on Hours" shows how for how many hours was the hdd used?

Yes. CrystalDiskInfo shows how many hours the hard drive has been powered on.

It's a good thing you ran system file checker because in fact you did have corrupt system files. Now you should uninstall and re-install the latest version of CoreTemp. If you have been using it for awhile it might be out of date and no longer compatible with latest Windows. You could also try RealTemp, HWMonitor and the best is HWInfo64.

Did you run memtest86 yet. It must be run from an optical disk or USB at boot up. The author's website has instructions for creating self-booting media.

Yes. CrystalDiskInfo shows how many hours the hard drive has been powered on.

It's a good thing you ran system file checker because in fact you did have corrupt system files. Now you should uninstall and re-install the latest version of CoreTemp. If you have been using it for awhile it might be out of date and no longer compatible with latest Windows. You could also try RealTemp, HWMonitor and the best is HWInfo64.

Did you run memtest86 yet. It must be run from an optical disk or USB at boot up. The author's website has instructions for creating self-booting media.

Core Temp still doesn't work, Real Temp doesn't either..

Didn't run memtest86 yet I will run it later this day.

You have an irreparable corrupted OS. You need a fresh install.
Check that ram and your overclock or you'll just corrupt it again.

What Mr. Scott said. System File checker is not a perfect tool and cannot repair system file corruption in every case.

Back