• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a hand on how to overclock a Q8200!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Martinchox

Hello people! I'm new to this forum, I've read about overclocking the Q8200 in other posts here but I really don't know where to start. I have never overclocked a microprocessor, I have overclocked my graphics card with no problem but I don't know how to OC the micro.
What I have is: nForce 790i Ultra SLI, Q8200, CoolerMaster 1000W gold edition, GTX480, 8GB RAM DDR3 1333mhz (4x2GB) Kingston (sadly, I was too noob when I bought those RAMs and I didn't know about GSKILL or others :facepalm:), 500GB Samsung HDD, 320GB Samsung HDD, and a soundblaster X-FI titanium. I'm cooling the micro with a BigTyphoon of TT, I've never seen the mic going over 60°C on stress tests, and I have 4 120mm coolers.
Any how-to recommendation? I've looked online but... I can't understand how to do it properly. I'm using seven ultimate 64bits, thanks in advanced!
Martin

I'd recommend reading about your motherboard's BIOS and knowing what each of the options mean. Then check out the sticky at the top of this forum and read through the 'How to OC your C2D/C2Q' there is a ton of really good info in there. If you have any questions/get lost in it feel free to ask and we will be happy to help.

Back