• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 2600k on intel extreme board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zahidhasan

hi , everybody.

being new i am bit confuse with my 2600k and intel DP67BG mb.
i am always reading even a grandma can oc it . but i find little specific help about this intel board.my target is to reach 4.5 or 4.6 with stock cooler.any help would be much appreciated.
the multiplier doesn't go above 34. but the 1,2,3,4 core turbo multiplier in turbo boost section does.i will do the try and set .please just show me the steps.thanks.
DP67BG
6gb a data 1600 ram
stock cooling.

really?:( i was almost sure, whatever. thanks for your link.it looks good and well explained.
i have 3 2gb ram. i needed 8gb but couldnot afford. :)

i am facing the same problem . @earth dog , thanks a lot mt for the link but im a lazy dog to read such a long article. can someone specifically tell how to get the overclocking thing done ( the granma style) with my 2600k and DP67BG motherboard ?

You either get 4 or 8. Six is slower. You can not run dual channel on all 3 sticks. Only 2 or 4.

really?:( i was almost sure, whatever. thanks for your link.it looks good and well explained.
i have 3 2gb ram. i needed 8gb but couldnot afford. :)

i am facing the same problem . @earth dog , thanks a lot mt for the link but im a lazy dog to read such a long article. can someone specifically tell how to get the overclocking thing done ( the granma style) with my 2600k and DP67BG motherboard ?

It's like two pages. :). Read it! You should have seen the explanation of how to OC 1366.

Read the link. Its a 5 minute read (not to mention you are hijacking this dudes' thread, LOL!

ALl you need to do is raise vcore, by say .15 and riase the multiplier really. ONce around 4.5Ghz, you should enable PLL overide voltage (or similar name).

+1 to ocnoob - this is a DUAL channel platform so I dont think you are running in dual channel with 3 sticks. 2 may be in dual channel but not all.

Use realtemp for monitoring your temperatures while testing your overclock. The stockcooler gave me less than an hour for me to decide I really needed an aftermarket cooling device. It's total rubbish for a real overclock. 4.0Ghz should be doable though.
Keep an eye on the temps.

Oh, and see if you can save up for the fourth ram stick, you will enjoy that.
Goodluck guys.

Back