• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time for a new GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

av8tor

Registered
Hi everyone...I'm finally ready for a new GPU. My Geforce 9400GT has served me well but is way outdated and starting to show it age. I have a Ga-ep45t-usb3p mobo with a Q8400 cpu, 8gbs of 1600 CL8 crucial ram. 1000w psu. A couple of questions. My board is set up for 2.0 x 16 can I use a 2.1 x16 card? My case is a mid tower Raidmax and is cramped so I would need a "small" card, around 8.5" or so. Any suggestions on which one would fit? I also have 2 monitors and would like to run 3 at some point mostly for Flight Sim X. Cost is always an issue so maybe around 300$ or less. I'm going a litle crazy:screwy: with all the reviews so I am asking all you pros out there for advice

Thanks in advance

'small' card at $300... heh....

also multi monitor FSX or anything is a dual card solution or a 590/6990 ($600). Your performance will suffer...

LOL @ 1kw PSU and 9400gt!! :p

for $300 though GTX570 or 6970...but those are too long..

Hey Dog...thanks for replying.....I know what a combo....:) I had a 500w but it died and this was the only thing I had. What about that eyefinity crap? I thought one could run 3 displays with one of those cards? To long? Maybe I should get a bigger case. I have 2 displays now with this card. I guess I could stay with that for now, but with a different card.:-/

A 6970 will run 3 displays, but you might not be able to get it in your case. :O

Back