• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E762 (EVGA-4way Classified) problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I recently sent in my E762 to EVGA under RMA. To be able to use the x25 turbo multi on an i7 970 gulftown, the board needs to be modded. EVGA will do that with no charge, which is pretty good.

I sent my board off (which I was getting about 4.2Ghz without the x25 mult), and about a week and a half later I got another board back. Different serial, older bios, etc... obviously not a repair, but a new board.

So I put it back together. I can now use the x25 multi (yaaa!! :attn:), but I'm having other problems.

Random blue screens, usually machine exceptions, but sometime something about a processor waiting too long for a clock cycle. I also can't run bclk above 137, or the board locks up and crashes. Heck, I can't even use the Dummy OC built into the BIOS. When I try it locks up a FF, and I have to reset CMOS to get it to boot again. Also, randomly after reboots, the audio driver and/or the onboard LAN just doesn't work.

I've flashed to the most recent BIOS and swapped out RAM, but I'm still getting the same problems. :bang head :bang head

I did bench the CPU on a different board while this one was on RMA, but my voltages were pretty low. Just a little above where I had them for W/C.

The CPU reports all cores running about 30°-37°C under load.

Any suggestions on how to test to see if it is the board or the CPU. And if it is the board, I guess I'll have to RMA it again. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Well, since flashing to the latest BIOS it did blue screen a few times right a way, but it has been 2 days since the last one. *Fingers crossed*

Still can't overclock. :bang head

I'm surprised that nobody has any ideas on how to check whether it is a motherboard or CPU problem.

Here is the blue screen code:
0x0000009C (0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF80000BA8BB0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

When I google on it, the only real hit says it is a lack of Vcore. I've upped it to 1.25V but I still get the occasional blue screen, or the nework adapter or sound control module crashing.

I recently sent in my E762 to EVGA under RMA. To be able to use the x25 turbo multi on an i7 970 gulftown, the board needs to be modded. EVGA will do that with no charge, which is pretty good.

I sent my board off (which I was getting about 4.2Ghz without the x25 mult), and about a week and a half later I got another board back. Different serial, older bios, etc... obviously not a repair, but a new board.

So I put it back together. I can now use the x25 multi (yaaa!! :attn:), but I'm having other problems.

Random blue screens, usually machine exceptions, but sometime something about a processor waiting too long for a clock cycle. I also can't run bclk above 137, or the board locks up and crashes. Heck, I can't even use the Dummy OC built into the BIOS. When I try it locks up a FF, and I have to reset CMOS to get it to boot again. Also, randomly after reboots, the audio driver and/or the onboard LAN just doesn't work.

I've flashed to the most recent BIOS and swapped out RAM, but I'm still getting the same problems. :bang head :bang head

I did bench the CPU on a different board while this one was on RMA, but my voltages were pretty low. Just a little above where I had them for W/C.

The CPU reports all cores running about 30°-37°C under load.

Any suggestions on how to test to see if it is the board or the CPU. And if it is the board, I guess I'll have to RMA it again. :facepalm:

I have the same problem. My evga e762 no run bclk above 137! I sent an email to EVGA, but they responded: "Dear Filipe, Regrettably we would not be able to assist you with over clocking your product. We would recommend you do post your over clocking questions on our forums to see if the community would would be able to assist you with this. Thank You, EVGA Tech Support".
Please, help me, my mothearbord was very expensive: 880 dollars.
I do not know what do.
Sorry my bad english, I used google translator.

Thanks.

Back