• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Friends facebook account hacked by older sister

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poppedkernel

My friend's older sister made a facebook for her as a "favor" and is now using it to impersonate her (quite badly I might add). The older sister also has access to the email linked to the account. I tried reporting the older sister for impersonating someone but all it does is sends a message to the account that's being impersonated... and I don't want to start a flame war. Is there any way that I can do that Isn't illegal? besides asking nice and being civil, I've tried that and it did'nt help at all.

Get access to the email restored and then reset the Facebook password.

Any suggestions beyond that are probably going to involve stuff we can't discuss here.

Did they not setup another email account where they could reset the password? You will need to speak to whoever administrates the email. If it is an ISP, this should be incredibly easy.

There's only one email registered to the account, with VERY easy security questions. the only thing keeping me from getting in that one is the little angel on my shoulder telling me that there's a better way to do it.

little angels say things like "dont get in the way of a cat fight" oh wait mabey that was the dark angels.

If an email is linked with the one that can get direct access to the Facebook account, then go that route. I'm being as straightforward as possible, this isn't complex. :-/

It's not complex, but I'm just not wanting to do anything illegal... but it looks like that's the only route I have.

Resetting the password via email isn't illegal. It isn't even close.

If it isn't your account, you should (of course) ask permission first.

Wow, a sister hacking into a brother's/sister's account. How does the fam. get along otherwise? I say if you can reset it, do it & change the email after having her get a email account somewhere.

Last edited:
Why can't your friend just reset the password on the e-mail. If the questions are really that easy then why do you have to do it? Maybe I am just missing something. I don't really get why you are the one that has to reset the password.

Also if facebook is the only way you can talk, then how do you know that your friend has no part in the whole thing?

To me it sounds like your friend has current access to the facebook right?

If so In account settings you can change the email to yours or even create a email account just so you can change the password and thats all its for is your FB.

your friend could go the violent route but i wont get into that here...

Also, pursue other avenues of contacting your friend. Telephone her employer, school or other friends, send a letter, fax, or contact someone else in the area via phone or email to deliver a note in person. Establish contact protocols outside Facebook and use them exclusively to assist her in resolving this issue.

I trust Facebook about as much as I trust a leetspeak blackhat on 4chan (the entire Facebook domain and associated IPs are blocked at the router/ISA/smoothwall level in all offices I administer). I respectfully suggest you consider doing the same.

Let's analyze this:

My friend's older sister made a facebook for her as a "favor" and is now using it to impersonate her (quite badly I might add). The older sister also has access to the email linked to the account. I tried reporting the older sister for impersonating someone but all it does is sends a message to the account that's being impersonated... and I don't want to start a flame war. Is there any way that I can do that Isn't illegal? besides asking nice and being civil, I've tried that and it did'nt help at all.

Sounds like your friend's older sister is the admin of the Facebook account; if your friend can access the account email, then she can change the password of the email account itself, and the Facebook account. If this is not the case, then there's nothing she or you can do, directly.

IMO, your friend could squash all this simply by going to a higher authority: her and her sister's parents.

Just have your friend delete the account. But really, its not your problem... leave it alone.

How old are the people involved? 10? Go tell mom and dad if they are teens.

Back