• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dumb question, and my new email address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidsnot

Registered
Since @home died, my email address has changed. Do I have to restart all the clients I'm running, and poke the new address in? It's the cli, and I didn't see anything in the user.sah other than a team name. How does berkely index the accounts? names or email addresses?

You can continue to use the same e-mail you started crunhcing for.....the only problem will be that if you want to change teams (or join one) you'll need your password and if you don't have it, you won't be able to retieve it.

Tha atomatic system from the berkeley server send your password to the e-mail you entered when strating your account, so if you can't access your e-mail then you are out of luck.

Dave,

You'll definately want to change it as was stated you will not be able to make changes in the future if you don't keep you contact info current. You can keep your current SETI ID the same, mine is still Cyklopz and my email changed to [email protected] from [email protected].

One negative is that yuor SETIQueue stats will start over with the new email address. :(

Cy

I've already changed the email at berkely. it's the individual clients I'm wondering about. You know when you start a new one, poke 2 for an existing account, then enter the email address? Do I need to change those?

Back