• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back from the abyss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Holdolin

Hey all, just getting back into the fold so to speak. Been pretty much off the grid for quite a while. Any real changes to F@H I should keep in mind? I mean i fired up my (now aging) boxes first to realize I had the wrong <radio edit> team number and then to wonder if anything much has changed in the last while. Anyway, great to be at it and still see the names i remember :) That's how I also figured I had the wrong team, when the names didn't look familiar.

Happy to have you back in the fold. WOOT!
It's gotten easier. No need to play with switches using a command line or nothin'. Best to fold with GPUs over CPUs. One CPU core per GPU should be availible. Defaults will aportion those out if you just install the client.

For the record, our team number is 32 but you already got that. For anyone reading who may not know.

Nice nice, simpler is better. I thought it was a good omen when the install process automatically put in the GPU.txt file, which it used to have a bad habit of not doing. Already got funding approval for upgrades. In my case it was easy. The wife works in a medical lab and knows more about this stuff than I do. All I did was mention that a new GPU would do more work than my entire current farm at 1/10th the power and being me I quickly said "so, then 2 GPUs?" haha

Back