• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 not showing all RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supish

Registered
Hello,

I have 12GB of Corsair Dominator GTs on a Rampage III Formula motherboard and it only says I have 4 or 8GB of ram in my task manager, basic info, and BIOS. However, CPU-Z says I have 12GB of ram. I have tried following the directions from here
http://i4memory.com/f54/asus-x58-6-...g-detecting-less-memory-than-installed-19200/
however, it only works imedietly after i change the frequency, after a shutoff and restart, it goes right back to 4-8GB of ram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
lucky, at least you're now future proof ;)
ram prices are going higher and higher,which is awesome having those now

lucky, at least you're now future proof ;)
ram prices are going higher and higher,which is awesome having those now

indeed, sadly im still having the same problem mentioned in my original post, i just have been too busy to ask people for help, sometimes even only 4gb showing

probably some setting in the bios or windows, sorry i have no idea :\
un solve this thread so others can help :)

Seems like it is only doing double channel or something, can you switch anything to triple channel in bios?

Also are those Dominator GT's a perfectly matching set??

Seems like it is only doing double channel or something, can you switch anything to triple channel in bios?

Also are those Dominator GT's a perfectly matching set??

didnt find any settings for triple channel, and yes they are perfectly matching

Sounds like you need more qpi vtt . I have 12gb of ram as well, I mix adatas and supertalents occasionally, and sometimes it can be a challenge to get it running right, other times it just works, with no additional qpi vtt.

Sounds like you need more qpi vtt . I have 12gb of ram as well, I mix adatas and supertalents occasionally, and sometimes it can be a challenge to get it running right, other times it just works, with no additional qpi vtt.

i will try this later and report back

Another thing that helps is if you run your sticks at what the bios sets em too after you clear the cmos, 1333 9-9-9-24 2t, with 12gb it will want to give 1.65v, I have mine set to 1.6v, thats the only thing Ive changed. My qpi vtt is also at stock 1.19v, make sure you enable qpi vtt llc, its a jumper near the atx 12v

This is a shot of my current settings, its completely stock, other then the ram voltage, boot order and whats enabled or disabled for onboard stuff like audio..

Why stock you say? Honestly this thing is intense, dont really see too much difference, other then benchmarks, and encodeing/ripping and definately f@h but for everything else..

Changing the qpi seems to have done the trick so far. I will come back in a few days to confirm this is stable.

Back