• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WilliamP

Registered
I have built two systems with Intel X25-M 160 Gb SSD's . Both on Gigabyte MB's. One is a 775 with an E8500 overclocked to 4.25. The other is an X58 with a i7-720 overclocked to 3.8 Gh. Intel has put out an update to the firmware which I burned to CD. The 775 system updated fine. When I tried to update the X58 computer it said that there was no SSD connected or it was disabled. I don't understand why it didn't see the SSD. Both computers run fine though the X58 does some things strange. Help please.

I have built two systems with Intel X25-M 160 Gb SSD's . Both on Gigabyte MB's. One is a 775 with an E8500 overclocked to 4.25. The other is an X58 with a i7-720 overclocked to 3.8 Gh. Intel has put out an update to the firmware which I burned to CD. The 775 system updated fine. When I tried to update the X58 computer it said that there was no SSD connected or it was disabled. I don't understand why it didn't see the SSD. Both computers run fine though the X58 does some things strange. Help please.

Perhaps you could switch the SSD that's on the X58 to the other computer, and update from there.

According to Intel...
No changes for Intel X18-M/X25-M/X25-V SATA SSD 34nm products. The most current firmware stays at 2CV102M3.
... and also from the ReadMe:
If you changed SATA port mode from AHCI to "Compatibility" or "Legacy" mode for the firmware update, ensure you change the port back to AHCI mode for best performance.
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18363/eng/README.txt

... so you may need to change the controller mode in order to update the firmware, although the update isn't necessary for the X25-M.

Thank you Redduc. I saw the new date and like a dummy thought that it needed to be updated. So you say I don't need to worry about it?

Assuming your SSD already has the latest 02M3 firmware installed, then I wouldn't worry about updating it, since the current 02M3 firmware on the X25-M won't be updated w/ the latest Update Tool anyway.

Back