• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Water Cooling Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should buy a Cooler Master HAF X instead of the 650D or HAF 932. The HAF X supports a 360mm radiator, as well does the HAF 932, but the HAF X is generally nicer in every way. Don't water cool GTX 560 Ti's that really useless and not worth the money. Instead buy a GTX 570, 580 or a Radeon 6970. Don't really need to SLI if you are below 1920x1080. GTX 560 Ti SLI is fast and good for the money but water cooling is redundant considering they don't run hot and their max overclock is around 1ghz no matter what cooling. You'd just be wasting $100-200 and adding heat to your loop. Plus the EVGA Super clocked version isn't great since the cooler sucks. The MSI Hawk or Asus Direct CU are better choices.

All the other bits about water cooling I'll leave to the "experts" :)

Plus the EVGA Super clocked version isn't great since the cooler sucks. The MSI Hawk or Asus Direct CU are better choices.

very much debatable, especially if your'e watercooling it. The block selection for non-reference designs is SLIMMMMM...evga sells the binned cores on reference cards (last I heard they were still binning for the superclocked at least) which really gives you good options when you go to WC the thing.

RASA kit is a great price but everyone complains about its weak pump. They say the pump is decent for CPU only but using 2 GPU's I wouldn't recommend it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...treme_360_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s161 This radiator seems to be the best out of all of them. I've seen many comparisons and this one always is on top. Only down side is it likes fast fans which means noise. But you can always buy a fan controller.

Make sure you do 1/2 inch water cooling as it allows more water to flow. This Yate Loon fan is the same except faster http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...Fan_-_Open_Chassis_D12SH-12.html?tl=g36c15s60 That would definitely cool your whole loop and could handle a 5ghz overclock.

You could use this fan http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...C-Froogle-_-Case+Fans-_-Scythe+USA-_-35185054 but you'd have to be insane!!!

I think you should use the pump and res from setup one. Use the radiator and fans I mentioned and use 1/2" tubing. That would definitely keep everything cool.

850 watt power supply is enough just don't go crazy on overclocking those GTX 570's as the wattage really racks up with GPU's but even in that scenario you should be fine. As for the graphics, just buy a cheap reference GTX 570 from a trusted brand. Overclock on your own terms.

I still suggest going with the Swiftech MCP 655 as it pumps the most water and is most reliable. Find a 5.25" bay res that works. The combo definitely would make it simpler but we mean performance and with combos there are always trade offs.

Don't know if its been said yet or not. Don't buy the fesser coolant. Go to cvs or anywhere buy a galon or two of distilled and a bottle of pt nuke from a site.

I really, really think you need to start with OUR stickies up top. You seem to be missing a lot of basic info. What fun forums you been reading?

Feser liquid? You want me to post clogged loop threads? You want to waste money?

You have to understand WC before you even begin to build a parts list.

And another link to get you on the right path....

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...treme_360_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s161 This radiator seems to be the best out of all of them. I've seen many comparisons and this one always is on top. Only down side is it likes fast fans which means noise. But you can always buy a fan controller.

Just a note: this rad (which I own and love, and am in no way knocking) is awful with low speed fans. If you're gonna put some high speed screamers on there, it'll soak up heat all day (I <3 my delta afb1212vhe's :D), but you really want a lower fin density below ~1800 RPM, especially if you're planning on throttling your fans below that

I still suggest going with the Swiftech MCP 655 as it pumps the most water and is most reliable. Find a 5.25" bay res that works. The combo definitely would make it simpler but we mean performance and with combos there are always trade offs.

Another good option is the laing DDC (MCP355) with a top, costs about the same but has better pressure and flow than a 655. The only downside to it is that it dumps a bit more heat, but with 18W draw, you're really not looking at anything significant, I only mention it for the sake of thoroughness. Also, another advantage to the 355 is that there are a TON of bay-reses that can have one fit right in so that you don't really have to sacrifice anything (except a hair of performance and the option for different custom tops, but lets not split hairs)

ok, i've updated the parts list and costs and total is $2.1K, which is very reasonable given the performance. however, would there be anyway to trim off another $50-$75 in terms of water cooling parts? thanks! almost there!

how does Swiftech MCR320-XP eXtreme Performance Triple 120mm Slim Radiator - (MCR320-XP) compare against Black Ice GT Stealth 360 Radiator - Black?

skinneelabs.com, I promise that site will answer all your questions if you have the background knowledge (found in the sticky) to understand the data)...and if it doesn't you can come here and ask, and someone will almost certainly have the answer, but most of your questions are easily answerable by a bit of ground work on your part, they're not things buried in the archive or things that aren't written down, it's easy to find stuff.

I really, really think you need to start with OUR stickies up top. You seem to be missing a lot of basic info. What fun forums you been reading?

Feser liquid? You want me to post clogged loop threads? You want to waste money?

You have to understand WC before you even begin to build a parts list.

And another link to get you on the right path....

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

QFT...listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

Back