• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair RMX Series (2021) RM750x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dorito Bandit

Looking at the Corsair RMX Series (2021) RM750x, and was wondering about reliability and if the cables having In-cable capacitors could be an issue or not? Most other PSUs I am looking at are either currently out of stock, or too expensive. So am looking at the Corsair, which is currently being sold at a decent price.

Thoughts?

If the cables (or anything else) were going to be an issue I doubt Corsair would have a 10 year warranty on that unit. I wouldn't hesitate to buy an RMx PSU if I found one for a good price.

RM750x is a great PSU. The caps in the cables are a potential asthetic downside if you're trying to sleeve them, use custom cables, and don't want to look at them. They're not a performance disadvantage in any way, unless you happen to try to use custom cables that don't have caps.

My 2021 RM1000x also has caps in the stock cables. I build my own cables and have been using a 3x 8-pin custom cable without capacitors, with no ill side effects. I wasn't expecting any either. If y9u are worried about the appearance of it and want custom cables with capacitors, I would recommend some short extensions so only thr sleeved side of the cable is on the motherboard tray side of the case.

Back