• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A warning to Chrome users.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augie1111

This might happen to other browsers too, I don't know. As many of us run 24/7 and don't bother to shut down their browsers might miss all the pop-unders(I had 6) that Chrome was taking %15 to %20 CPU!:shock: It was killing my 2684 production on my 930 to the point that it would have made me miss the deadline.:mad: Thankfully, I caught it in time with HFM.(Thanks again all, you know who you are.;))

BTW, is the blue in the status column for a VM normal colour? The second screen pic is after only 2 hours, I expect it to improve a bit more.

Attachments

• hfm2.PNG
    hfm2.PNG
    47.4 KB · Views: 112
  • hfm3.PNG
    hfm3.PNG
    13.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
If you didn't install VMware tools, the VM will not keep time. TPF and PPD will be off a bit.

If you didn't install VMware tools, the VM will not keep time. TPF and PPD will be off a bit.
The tools load automatically for me, I just have an option to re-install them which I'll do when the WU is safely in their servers. Still, once I got the Chrome pop-unders deleted it's been going just fine. Chrome is not using any visible CPU resources anymore.

Back